Meeting For The First Time

I'm getting married. To a stranger. I hope that whoever it is, isn't a jerk. Woohyuk Oppa is still upset. I haven't told Kyungri yet. Her reaction will be priceless. Appa told me that I'm meeting the guy I'm marrying tonight at dinner. Woohyuk Oppa, our stepmother, and little Maeri is also going to be at the dinner. This should be interesting. I take a shower. I get out then get dressed and do my hair. I apply light make up and then head downstairs. My Appa and step mother stand at the bottom of the stairs with Maeri by their side. They look like the picture perfect family. As I step on the bottom stair, our step mother rushed up and tried fixing my hair. I just stood there letting her do whatever. She fixed it however she wanted and walked away. I fixed my hair the way I had it. I looked around for Woohyuk, but I don't see him anywhere. Perhaps he is still getting ready. I go and sit beside Maeri and wait for Woohyuk. But soon after I start to relax, I start thinking about my arranged marriage. What will he look like? How does he act? Will he still say yes after he finds out that I'm mute? How long will this marriage last? All these questions run through my head and I start to freak out. But then I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look up to see Woohyuk standing behind me.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

I smile and nod. I finally look at what he's wearing. A white shirt with writing on it, black jeans and a leather jacket His black hair staying right above his eyes.

I put two thumbs up. He smiles and pats my head.

"You look good too sis," he says.

"Woohyuk, Woori, Maeri, kaja we are going to be late for dinner," Appa says.

Woohyuk holds his hand out for me to take. I take his hand and we go out to the car that is waiting on us. Oppa lets me get in first and then he slides in beside me. The car starts and we leave the house. I stare at my hands during the ride. Oppa pats my head as I stare. I look up at him.

"Don't worry, arraso? Oppa will be here for you, always," he says.

'Thank you, oppa,' I sign.

"No problem sis," he says.

Soon we arrive at the resturant. Appa, step mom and Maeri are the first ones out of the car and into the resturant. Oppa and I stand outside the resturant for a little while longer.

"Woori, no matter what happens in here tonight, I will stick by your side the entire time. If the guy is a jerk and you want to leave, tell me and we will leave. If you feel uncomfortable, tell me. No matter what if there is something you want to say, sign it to me and I'll translate, arraso?" he says.

I nod and take his hand for support. He places his free hand on the back of my head and pulls me closer. He then kisses my forehead. I smile up to him. My oppa loves me and I know that he does. I'm glad that he is here. We walk into the resturant and see our appa, stepmother and maeri sitting at a table with Mr. Kim, a lady who I assume is Mrs. Kim? and a boy that is about the same age as oppa.

As we walk up closer, Appa starts to introduce us.

"And this is my eldest son, Woohyuk and my eldest daughter, Woori. Children say hello to Mr and Mrs Kim and their son Myungsoo," Appa says.

"Annyeong, Mrs. Kim. It's nice to meet you. Mr. Kim, it's a pleasure to see you again. Myungsoo-ah, annyeong," Woohyuk says bowing.

I smile and bow to them.

"Doesn't she have any manners in saying hello?" Myungsoo says.

I look down. Some first impression huh?

"Myungsoo-ah, mianhae, but my sister is mute. Meaning she doesn't speak at all," Woohyuk says.