19

A week went by with no signs of change in Victoria's possible powers. At least, not in any traditional sense. After they first spoke about the truth, Victoria was playing outside in the snow. There's been a snow storm the night before and a foot of snow covered the ground. So Victoria had gone outside, wrapped in layers and layer of clothes, to play.

"Victoria come inside, it's time for lunch!" Stefan stood on the porch, calling to his sister.

"Just a little longer!" Victoria responded as she rolled a big snowball to make a snowman.

"Now!" He said, trying to sound firm - he wasn't as good at it as Damon was though.

"Victoria, listen to your brother." Katherine said, standing beside the boy with a hand on his shoulder - she was smiling, amused. 

"No." The little girl said flatly, she'd been getting testy too as of late.

"I don't know what to do," Stefan said after Katherine turned to look at him. He wasn't used to this, being in charge and scolding or punishing.

She rolled her eyes a little at his naivety, and made her way down the steps towards the girl. "Let's go Victoria, Stefan said to come in for lunch."

"He's not the boss of me. And neither are you."

"Excuse me?" Katherine reached for the child, grabbing her wrist to pull her inside.

"Let me go!" She was about to throw a tantrum, and grabbed at Katherine's hand to push it away.

When Victoria grabbed Katherine's hand, there was a soft red glow around Victoria's hand and the woman let go and pulled back as if she'd been shocked. "What -?" She felt a bit weakened, it was like some of her strength and powers had been taken.

Victoria was just as shocked, staring at her hand as if it was pulsing. The red glow had faded but she could feel something strange coursing through her now.. Something like, power. "What happened?" She asked, looking up from her hand.

Stefan had come over to them by now, "is everything alright?" He asked, having only seen Victoria's outburst and not understanding what had occurred between the two.

"I don't know," Katherine said, looking Victoria still. "How do you feel?"

"Different," she answered plainly, not sure how else to put it.

"Can you use any words to describe it?"

She thought for a few moments, trying to find words that felt right for how she felt. "I don't know, but it just feels like... like something is moving inside me and I could do anything with it."

"Power."

"Power?"

"Go inside and eat your lunch, I'm going to get Emily and talk to her," Katherine dismissed her.

"But -"

"Do you need a spanking instead?"

"No ma'am."

"Then go on." Victoria nodded and went towards the house..

"What happened?" Stefan asked again.

"I'm not certain, but Victoria may be coming into her powers. You go inside with her while I get Emily."

—-

In the middle of eating, Katherine came into the dining room and sat beside Stefan, speaking lowly so that Victoria couldn't hear the conversation. "What did Emily say?" Stefan asked.

"Victoria isn't a normal witch, Emily said she is a particular type of witch."

"So she is a witch? She's sure."