O.

'why do you still insist on treating me like a child?'

While travelling, Liu Qingge suddenly remembered this phrase.

What did Shen Qing Qiu mean by treating him like a child still? Did they know each other before? If so, why is Yue shixiong so tolerant of Shen Qing Qiu's bratty behaviour? Liu Qingge knows that the sect leader doesn't trust Shen Qing Qiu, he has seen it in the sect leader's gaze. He knows that the sect leader believes that every rumour about Shen Qing Qiu is true so why is the sect leader so adamant about sheltering this scumbag? What is the reason for the almost crippling guilt in the sect leader's eyes? Did something happen?

"Liu Shidi, it would be better if you pay attention to your surroundings." Shen Qing Qiu's voice rang out as Liu Qingge was roughly pushed away from a tree that was too near to be safe.

This action surprised Liu Qingge, why would Shen Qing Qiu save his mortal enemy when he was about to make a fool out of himself? What is the scheming this time?

Even though Liu Qingge was very sceptical about Shen Qing Qiu's intentions, he was a man of morals and so - though unwillingly - he thanked Shen Qing Qiu for his help.

"Don't thank me shidi, this shixiong's last days are a bit far away and I would like to keep them that way."

"YOU..who...I....No...you"

This statement angered Liu Qingge to the point that he forgot human speech. After several deep breaths, Liu Qingge was finally able to speak in a barely normal voice, "What do you mean by that?"

But his question was only met with silence.

It was very uncanny for Shen Qing Qiu to miss a chance of taunting someone. When Liu Qingge looked over, he found Shen Qing Qiu staring at something in the distance.

"What are you-" a fan was smacked on his lips before he could finish his sentence.

"Shhhhhh"

"Why? I can't see anything from here." Liu Qingge inquired while rubbing his lips, that fan hurts more than he would like to admit.

"Let's go, we need to hide." And with that, Shen Qing Qiu was off, leaving behind a confused Liu Qingge who followed him in a trance.

Hiding in a small creek, Liu Qingge's brain finally caught up to the events that happened in such rapid succession.

"What is going on and why are we hiding?"

"Because the huan hua palace masters are here and I don't want to deal with a headache right before we fight those monsters."

Every sect in the cultivation world tried to avoid the Huan Hua palace as much as they could because crossing paths with their haughty disciples was a headache-inducing experience. But this experience was worse for the Cang Qiong disciples or elders. As Cang Qiong was the world's biggest sect at the time, Huan Hua palace disciples took a special interest in fighting the Cang Qiong disciples no matter what kind of predicament they were in. In the case of the elders, it was worse as the fight happened with the sugar-coated words.

Shen Qing Qiu had a special aversion to the people from this sect because the palace master always seemed to find ways to target him specifically and if it wasn't for the fact that Shen Qing Qiu holds a seat of importance, he knows that he would've been handed to that man without any second thought.

The palace master's gaze holds something disgusting whenever it is aimed at Shen Qing Qiu, that man stares at his face especially lips-for too long.

Shen Qing Qiu knows what that emotion is, he's seen it before...he knows what lust looks like but it seems like the other peak lords don't because none of them has ever commented about the palace master's behaviour. None of them stepped up for him when he was being scolded by the sect leader for his disrespectful behaviour towards the palace master.

At one point, Shen Qing Qiu was very tempted to ask the sect leader, "do you want me to sell my body to him?" But he was afraid of getting an affirmative answer. Most people don't think that the sect leader would ever agree to such a proposal but the thing is that Shen Qing Qiu is not other people and the sect leader is no longer the Qi-ge that he used to know.

"What are the Huan Hua place elders doing here? Weren't they informed that we are dealing with this issue?" Liu Qingge's voice startled Shen Qing Qiu out of his trance.

"Yes shidi, the Huan Hua palace was informed and I don't know what they are doing here, why don't you go and ask them?"

"Nope. I am not dealing with that headache either, you get the better end of the deal as they usually leave you alone but my head starts to buzz from all the buttering up that they do."

"Oh? Do I get the better end of the deal? How do you know shidi? I am pretty sure we have never been present at the same time when the people from Huan Hua palace are around."

"Huh? Yeah about that, Qing Qi Shimei told me."

Sure enough. Liu Qingge believes in all that the other peak lords say and the peak lords don't believe in Shen Qing Qiu. He does not know what he was hoping for but one thing was for sure, the hope has been thoroughly snuffed out.

"Oh, I see." After a pause, Shen Qing Qiu said," I think they have gone away now, we can continue on our journey."

As they moved towards their destination, none of them noticed the black shadow following them.

A/n: since, I did this on a03 too, I'll let you guys have some mini theatres from now on.

LQG: *hugging SQQ tightly* MINE! *bites the hand trying to pet SQQ* NO! GO AWAY!!! MINE!!!

SQQ: *kisses LQG on the cheek*

LQG:*dies of happiness*

A/n (2): these are to help you heal your soul.