Confession

November 14th 2021

It was the most important day of Ashwin's life. The 8 year long struggle to make it as a hero in Tamil film industry has finally come to an end. One year ago, the show that gave him his big break aired and today, he had completed his debut film as a hero. Had someone told him that his struggle was about to come to an end; that he would be so busy with multiple projects and a huge fandom to cheer him in every endeavour of his, he would not have believed a word. 29 year old Ashwin Kumar was all set to forget his dream of becoming a hero in the industry. None of his attempts seemed to have paid off. The pandemic had only put him in a worse situation with the entertainment industry coming to a standstill. The last ray of hope was the cooking show that he participated in last year. And deciding to do that was undoubtedly the best decision that he had made in his life, both professionally and personally. It was in that show where he met his love.

Anyone who had known Ashwinkumar will surely know how much he was in love with being in love. He had been in relationships before but none of them could make him fall in love the way she did. She could make his heart flutter like a teenager in love. Her physical proximity could make him go breathless. She was his angel. His magic. His miracle. She was everything to him. She was one of the main reasons that he is who is he is today.

Today was the premiere of his very first film as a lead. He wanted all the important people in his life to be there. His friend who had supported him all through his struggle, his parents, his sister and most importantly, her.

Can't wait to see you ma. Please make it on time. I'll be waiting.

He messaged a couple of hours before the show began.

"Achchu, inniki atleast andha ponna kannu la kaattuviya? Ava kitta pesanum nu aasaya irukku. Ava varuva la unnoda padatha paakka?" his mother asked.

In the last one year, Ashwin's family had requested him atleast a hundred times to introduce her to them but Ashwin decided to wait until a special moment. Film industry was certainly no place for an introvert like him. This was also one of the reasons why Ashwin's parents discouraged him to pursue a career in media. They would constantly advise him to break out of his comfort zone if he wanted to make it big in the industry. Thanks to her, he has now successfully managed to break out of his comfort zone. She was the only one in the industry capable of understanding him so well. She brought him out of his comfort zone, trusted him blindly when he was no one and genuinely wished him only good. No one who knew him would have believed that he could bond so well with a girl. He would always move into his shell when a girl says she has a crush on him. Avaru special' uh, she always said. She was the most special person in his life now.

"Naanum oru varushama kekkuren. Intro kudukkarana paaru. Ennoda ponnu kooda ava fan. Dora Dora nu evlo aasaya ketta. Appo kooda introduce pannala", his sister complained.

"Inniki varuva Archu. Inniki introduce panren", he smiled.

"Nalla ponnu. Evlo thuru thuru nu iruppa la, Archana? Avala maari oru ponnu veetla irundha veede romba gala gala nu irukkum", his mother added.

"Inniki kandipa introduce panniduven ma. Naa pannala naalum avale vandhu pesuva paaru."

Ashwin and his family had reached the venue well in advance, partly because of the fact that it was one of the most special moments in their son's life and partly due to the excitement to see her. Ashwin quickly excused himself from them and went to a nearby eatery to buy her something to eat. Ashwin's parents looked at him confused when he came back with a paper bag with eateries.

"Avalukku pasikkum. Nethi full ah work pannirkka. Kaalela shoot, evening recording nu. Romba tired ah vera iruppa. Paavam. Adhan pasikkume nu samosa vum pastry um vaanginen", he clarified even before his family questioned.