23 | RYUJIN

a couple of days later...

whilst waiting to queue for a bedwars match with xiao, y/n stared at their phone and let out a dramatic gasp. their eyes widened as they zoomed into the photo once again— mesmerised by the person in the photo.

"she's so beautiful... i wish i could marry her," y/n whispered sadly, banging their head on the desk.

scrolling through the itzy twitter account once again, y/n's eyes landed on ryujin's ootd picture. immediately their heartbeat rose up in an instant; and as a result, a certain phone was thrown across the room along with a loud squeal.

"MY FUCKING GOD I MUST BE SO IN LOVE WITH HER. WHY IS SHE SO AHHHHHHHHHHHH," y/n sighed with disappointment, not noticing that a game had already started. their team's bed was already destroyed.

"y/n our goddamn bed is gone. stop crying over a girl and help me out here," xiao said through his mic with slight anger. y/n's eyes snapped back to their monitor, but it was too late. someone had used a knockback stick to fling them off of their base.

"..." the silence in the discord call was too deafening to ignore, until y/n spoke after a few minutes.

"sorry. ryujin's just too hot to not look at," they said with a sheepish smile. xiao rolled his eyes at y/n's response (he had seen it all since both of their face cameras were on), though it was evident that the boy was a little jealous.

"whatever, let's just play on our world now."

"HELP I'M GOING TO DIE WITH ALL MY STUFF," y/n screamed as they fell into a pool of lava. the two had strip mined into a ravine and decided to split up. xiao's character sprinted towards where y/n was located, and decided to just stand there whilst they continued to burn.

y/n furrowed their eyebrows in confusion as they saw the words 'you died!' pop up on the screen. xiao snickered when he noticed that y/n had left the server, but nonetheless picked up whatever didn't get burnt. y/n pouted, a little bit bummed out by the fact that their good stuff burnt in the lava.

"y/n...? are you okay?" xiao asked after a few minutes. he had returned to the small wooden cottage the two built together; placing all the items he could recover into y/n's blue shulker box.

y/n shuffled around in their seat. they were muted in the voice call, so they responded through discord. xiao had ended up going on mute, as well as turning his camera off.

y/n
so NOW you ask me if i'm okay

u watched me die🖕🏻🖕🏻does it look like i am .

xiao
not my fault you cost us a bedwars game earlier

y/n
MY APOLOGIES for being blindsided by a hot woman ??????????

xiao
ryujin will never look at you the way you look at her

y/n
STOP crushing my dreams 💔💔💔💔

xiao
what dreams?

y/n
WHY R U SO SALTYY ☹️☹️

xiao
hmm

y/n
is that all u're gnna say

COWARD REVEAL YOUR SELF RIGHT NOW

HELLO?????

xiao come back i miss u 😢😢

... uhhh

oh shit

y/n is typing...

y/n's face flushed for a minute, debating on whether or not they should hit send on the message they had just typed out. "oh fuck it." they sighed out, and in a moment of confidence they hit enter so that the message would send.

y/n
are you perhaps... jealous?

xiao
jealous of what

y/n
um uhh yknow

i saw the face you made when i was talking abt ryujin earlier...

i'm not THAT dumb,,,

xiao
maybe you should reevaluate what you just wrote

if you're not dumb, am i not being that obvious?

y/n
wait what ??

wdym obvious

xiao
hmm

y/n
DONT HIT ME WITH THAT AGAIN WTFF

idk what you're talking about!!

xiao
it's fine

you're just kinda dense

y/n
why do i feel like i'm the stupid main character—

OH

oh my

..

that's kinda embarrassing 😊😊

xiao
it's kinda funny

y/n
SHUT IT XIAO.

that's why ur face was red when you fell on me a couple of days ago

xiao
... shut up

y/n
no

i will never let you live that down

i'm going to make sure zhongli knows about it

xiao
please don't i've had enough of him

let's change the subject

y/n
sure lolzzz

so,,

should we talk this out... since you know.....

xiao
yeah i'm coming over

y/n
wait huh

STOP i'm literally wearing my pjs

xiao
so? you were perfectly fine playing with them on earlier

y/n
WHATEVER!!!

wait

we're still in a discord call

do you wanna just...

xiao
sure

-

so tired so so tired enjoy this