hayes -

"I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
And I have no privacy
I always feel like somebody's watchin' me
Tell me is it just a dream?"

in which billy hayes is obsessed with you

Joey had just pitched the tennis ball to Mouth who had hit it... past the tree, though.

You didn't want to say anything because he seemed so happy about it.

"Home run! Home run!" He exclaimed twice, jumping up and down. "I JUST DINGED ONE OFF THE GREAT JOSEPH FINLEY!"

Mouth cheered on a little more before Book had looked over at him and then walked towards Mouth saying, "It's a foul."

"Book, stop." You mumbled, but he didn't hear you.

"No way, Book. That was a home run, fair and square." Mouth said, his smiling completely dropping.

You turned your head over to the tree when Book mentioned that it's a foul when it goes left to the tree, but your eyes trailed downwards to the bottom of the tree where you saw a boy with blonde hair picking up the ball.

You didn't stare at him long enough to see him turn around and reveal his face, so when he started getting up, you turned your head back towards the group of boys.

"I'll get it." Joey said, pushing Book and Mouth apart. It was funny to you because Book and Mouth were so close that you thought they might kiss.

"No, I'll get it." Mouth said.

"No, no, no, I'll get it." Book said.

You grinned at the three, and shook your head.

You went over to walk besides Book, looking down at the wet concrete until you heard, "Somebody lose a ball?"

You picked your head up, recognizing the voice almost immediately. Your eyes widened, and you glanced at Joey who had the same expression on his face.

"Shit." You whispered.

It was Hayes.

Mouth put his hands up and said, "It's ours."

You looked at him, and then back at Hayes — watching as Hayes threw the ball towards Mouth, still walking towards the 4 of you.

"Thanks." Mouth said, a small and hesitant smile on his face.

"Anytime." Hayes said while glancing between the 4 of you. He looked you up and down before saying, "Take care."

"Yeah... yeah, bro, you too." Mouth replied.

You turned around instantly, pushing the lose strands of hair that had fallen out of your ponytail behind your ears.

You turned your head behind you, seeing Hayes do the same thing as the two of you made immediate eye contact. You couldn't keep that eye contact for more then 2 seconds.

"By the way," Hayes' words made you stop in your tracks; along with the rest of the boys.

You could hear his heavy footsteps walking back to the four of you, and you slowly turned around.