A Being Beyond

Twigs snapped as a panicked looking man ran through the forest, dark fog clouded the air as the man tripped over a tree root. Psychotic cackling filled the air as loud footsteps stomped closer. The man jumped up, rushing deeper into the pitch black forest. Several knives stabbed into the trees around him as three gazes burned into the man's back. One knife finally met its mark in the man's thigh, forcing him to the ground. He looked around frantically, his eyes meeting a masked figure stalking from the darkness of the fog. The man let out a scream as the stomping footsteps and cackles grew deafening... before falling silent as the fog receded, leaving nothing behind. The forest sat quiet and several individuals made their way to the source of the sounds, yet finding nothing out of the ordinary.

Jess: The hell was that? I swear I heard screaming.

Jane: Yea, I know, but there's nothing here.

The pale women looked at each other before making their way back to their home. Entering the large mansion, the girls sat on the couch.

Slenda: Girls, did you find anything?

Jess: Just some broken twigs and a whole lotta jack shit.

Slenda: I sensed three individuals, yet they just dissapeared without a trace?

Jane: Maybe it was just a false alarm.

Slenda: Maybe...

The tall woman made her way upstairs, pondering the details of the mysterious situation. As the women sat relaxing, the fate of the man had been sealed elsewhere. The man hung from a meat hook, writhing in pain and agony. Three males stood nearby, watching intently at the man's fate.

Ryan: This wasn't much of a test you know...

Adam: Well your tests aren't very effective, they don't even shock people.

Miles: Some do.

Adam: Not enough.

Ryan: Why don't we get our hands on one of those pale women, I can come up with something brutal for one of them.

Miles: My knives are ready.

Ryan: Good, let's grab that smiley one.

The three left their temporary hiding place as mysterious claws began to manifest around the man. Once they reentered the forest, the pale smiling woman was seen, wandering and seemingly annoyed. Miles didn't hesitate to throw several knives, quickly knocking her unconscious as Adam lifted her up, Meanwhile Ryan prepared his brutal test.

To Be Continued...

(Yes, I know it's short, but this is just a Prologue for this story)