Part 5- Not Alone

Sitting in the living room sofa as I watch yet another short film from disney waiting for Murphy to end his hour long shower.
I look up as the lamp above my head flickers. I sigh as the lamp goes out.
I get up going to the storage room picking a new lamp.

I put a bench under the spot where the broken lamp was hanging from the celling and changing it.
I'm about to get down when I slip and fall on my back.

Air leaves my lungs as a stinging pain spreads troughout the back of my body until it hits my head. My eyes are open but my vision is blurry. I ear footsteps before John pics my head from the hard and cold floor.

I could still ear him scream my name until I pass out.

-a few hours later-

I open my eyes, looking around I saw Murphy sleepping in a chair next to my bed. I touch his knee and he shakes in his sleep opening his eyes.

"y/n! you're awake! How are you feeling?"-he comes closer caressing my head.
"I'm fine... my back's just sore..."
"No you're not y/n! You bled!"
"It's fine! I'm fine!"-I push the covers of the bed out of me.

I get up walking into the bathroom I wash my face with cold water.

"What were you thinking? Why didn't you call me! I would change the lamp for you with no problem"
"It doesn't matter! I was there I had to do something! And besides I can do things by myself, Murphy"
"That's no excuse you idiot!"
"Look, I'm sorry that you had to come and 'save' me but I don't understand why are you so mad at me right now! I always do things by myself!"
"You got me really worried! What if you didn't wake up or got hurt really bad!"
"I don't think I did anything wrong!"
"You don't think so? fine..."-he starts walking away-"but I'm not talking to you until you admit that you're wrong!"-He yells as he walks out the bedroom.

-A few hours later-

I finish reading the book so I get up putting it back in the same place in the shelf. As I turn around my body shakes in fear as a thunder roars outside. I froze in place for a few seconds.

"What's wrong, y/n?"
"I-It's nothing! I just remembered I had to take ca-care of some business! E-Excuse me!"

I run up the stairs stumbling on my way as another thunder grumbles. I open the closet door sitting in the left corner closing it back up. I hold my knees close to my chest.

"What business could you have in a wardrobe?"

I didn't awser. I couldn't... panic ran over my body.

"y/n, are you afraid of thunder? It seems like it would be scarier locked up in there."
"I'm alright! I'm used to get through stuff like this by myself"
"By yourself? Your always by yourself. All alone inside this lighthouse"-He opens the doors of the closet-"I get it now. I'm sorry I acted the way I did. You grew up without relaing in anyone else... But not anymore. You can come out now"- He extends his hand out for me and as another thunder growls I jump out of my sitting position into his arms and for the first time in my life I felt truly safe during a thunder storm. I felt tears rolling down my face as I subbed into his chest but he kept hugging me, letting me cry.

"You don't have to be afraid. I'll be here for you y/n. I promise that you'll never be alone again."

The thunder storm wouldn't stop, but at least it started to rain by now.

"hey, com'n. let's go to bed, you should get some rest."

He helps, walking me to bed. I sit on it covering my ears.

"I'm just going to get your pijama"-he turns around but I get up hugging him from behind, wrapping my arms around his stomach.

"Don't leave me alone, John."-I cry as I hugged him tightly.
"y/n..."-he turns around hugging me-"I'm not leaving you. I'm just getting your pyjama!"
"I'm not talking about that."-I look up at him-"you know I can't go out there. It would kill me in an instant, and I can't stand being alone. Not anymore!"-tears kept falling as his blue eyes pierced mine.
He grabs hold of my face cleaning the tears from my cheeks. Murphy makes me sit back down on the bed and with a kiss on top of my head I watch as he walks away.
He quickly brings my pyjamas back.
I grab the hem of my shirt pulling it over my head I let my torso fall back unbuttoning my jeans I feel Murphy's hands pulling them by the hem. I lift my hips letting him pull them off.

He picks the shirt from the bed. I sit up and he helps me by putting it on. I could barely remember the last time that my mother dressed me up and it felt really good to have someone looking after me. It has been so long since someone actually touched me and I know it sounds weird but the human being is a social animal we're meant to socialize and I can't help but fell helpless when I think that one day Murphy will walk out that door and never look back.

Without even realizing I alredy had the pyjama bottoms on and Murphy was gone. Another thunder sounded outside making me shake in panic. I crawl back until I hit the head of the bed I gasp as I hold my knees close to my chest. I cover up my ears as yet another thunder echoes.

I feel something soft wraping around my shoulder and my bare knees. I look up and something covers my ears blasting music into them. Murphy sits by my side on the bed, he puts his arm around me puling me closer. The music kept all the noisy thunders away. I close my eyes leaning onto his shoulder.

-the next morning-

I open my eyes but the lights were off making it hard to see, until with the sound of a click the lights turn on blinding me. I groan covering my eyes with my pillow.

"sorry, Bambi! Got you some breakfast!"

I sit up giggling as Murphy comes over with a plate filled with crackers one glass full of water and the other filled with whiskey.

"it's too early for this, John Murphy"-I point at the beverage obviously meant for him.
"I love when you call me by my full name."-he smirks grabbing his cup.
But before he could take a sip I took it from his grip drinking it all in one swing.
I immediately regret it! Cringing at the burning sensation going through my throat and down to my stomach.
"oh, God! Why did I do that?"
"I was going to ask you the same thing!"-he laughs.
"this isn't funny! It burns my esophagus!"
"well, that's why people only sip on whiskey!"
"that was horrible!"-I clean my mouth.
"drink some water, it helps... Maybe"-he chuckles.

I drink the glass of water feeling the stinging sensation soften.

"oh, no!"
"what?"
"I'm going to puke!"-I jump out of bed running into the bathroom, I kneel down puking into the toilet.
I fell Murphys fingers gently grabbing hold of my hair while he laughed.

"don't ever let me do that again!"
"I won't!"-he still chuckles at my remark
I get up washing my face with cold water and washing my teeth so I could get read of the bitter taste that stuck to my thonge.

"here!"-he hands me a cracker. I take it eating as I walk back into the bedroom sitting on the bed.
"John... Can I call you John?"
"yeah"-he shrugs sitting on the opposite side of the bed before laying down.
"John, where did you find this headphones?"
"inside a drawer"
"And it still work? That's odd..."
"don't ask me, Bambi. I just found them"
"I know that."-I walk to my closet picking my outfit for the day. I turn around and Murphy is listening to music. I smile shaking my head as he enjoyed his groove. I turned back around changing clothes.