BNHA Oneshot 1

TW: Sensory Overload/Meltdown/Shutdown, Ableism,

His head hurt. He couldn't activate his fire beard because of the smoke detectors. He couldn't speak because of how overstimulated he was. He needed help, but he didn't know if he could trust anyone. And just when he thought he couldn't be in a worse position, Gran Torino came into the unisex bathroom where he was. Gran Torino just rolled his eyes and asked what Endeavor's problem was. When Endeavor couldn't answer, he got angry and nearly shouted, when Aizawa grabbed him by his cape and said, very sternly, "Shut. The. Fuck. Up."
Gran Torino was shocked, and he asked what the attitude was about. Aizawa was dumbfounded, before dragging him outside the building.
"Do you know what a meltdown is?" Aizawa asked him. Gran Torino rolled his eyes and said, "Of course. It's when a r***** has a temper tantrum over something unimportant." Aizawa was furious now. He disabled Gran Torino's quirk and punched him in his gut, which hurt him bad. "That is incorrect. A meltdown is when a neurodivergent person is overstimulated to a point where they can't control their emotions, which can lead to violence, but not always," Aizawa said as Gran Torino got back up. "Okay, but that's not what is happening with Endeavor, the party isn't that loud," He grumbled. Aizawa sighed and told him to just leave Endeavor alone, and that he would take care of it. Gran Torino smiled and went back to the party. Aizawa grabbed a pair of noise-canceling headphones from his car and went back to the bathroom, where Endeavor still was in the corner with his hands over his ears and head between his knees. He seemed to be a little bit calmer though. Aizawa sat down a few feet away from him and gently got his attention. Endeavor looked at him with one squinty eye, and Aizawa held up the headphones. Endeavor leaned his head forward, and Aizawa put the headphones on his head and over his ears.
Endeavor looked surprised for a moment, before letting out a long and slow breath of relief, like he never felt as calm as right then and there. He put his knees together and rested his forehead on them. Aizawa smiled and then asked if he wanted him to call his driver to come pick him up, or if he wanted to go to the "cool off" room to quickly recharge, then go back to the party. Endeavor cocked his head to the side with a questioning look upon his face. Aizawa sighed and held out his hand, which Endeavor took. Aizawa led him to the "cool off" room and shut the door behind him.
The "cool off" room was a dimly lit room with beanbag chairs and several drawers with different stim toys, packaged chewing necklaces, adult pacifiers, and weighted blankets to help with overstimulated individuals. Aizawa went to the connected bathroom to let Endeavor choose what he needed to calm down. When he got done, Endeavor was on a beanbag chair with a mask over the bottom half of his face and a tangle in his hands. He didn't recognize the mask and assumed that Endeavor brought it himself. He rubbed Endeavor's shoulder/side, and he went to tell Nedzu that a meeting about the treatment of neurodivergent students was necessary.

Endeavor healed from his meltdown, and returned the headphones to Aizawa. Aizawa asked a few questions and found out that Gran Torino had told him that it wouldn't be loud, and that it wasn't the first time Gran Torino had dismissed his meltdown as just attention-seeking behavior. Aizawa recommended a therapist to him, and Endeavor was a bit tense, but he said that he would try it.

The Next Day

"It has been brought to my attention that someone doesn't know how to properly respond to a student or adult having a meltdown," Nedzu announced to the meeting room, which made everyone look at Gran Torino, who had the audacity to look confused, before Nedzu continued with, "I have made the decision to hire a professional to give a lesson on how to properly respond to meltdowns."