chapter two

T/W: mentions of abuse, self harm and slight deterioration of mind as well as suicidal thoughts  

flashback

nora sat on the floor with her knees to her chest as she tried to silence her sobs as much as she could despite the stinging on her back. she had been hit before but not as badly as this time because she could feel her skin rip and the blood pour down her once pastel blue dress that was now covered in blood that was slowly drying. 

nora didn't know what she did to deserve the harsh punishment but it's not like there ever needed to be a reason for one with her mother, wiping her tears away with a hiccup, nora attempted to stand up only to fall back down due to the pain that erupted once she straightened her back making silent tears fall down her red eyes. 

trying to stand again with the help of her wall, she bit her lips in order to not let out a scream in pain because if she made a sound- she could only fear for what could happen.

then again, maybe her mother would be nice but nora could only wish. 

*⋆*❀❁❀*⋆*❀❁❀*⋆*❀❁❀*⋆*❀❁❀

nora stood in the middle of the shower as she saw the once clear water turn bloody and escape through the drain, maybe nora was too drained, mentally, physically and emotionally to care about the stinging that ensued with every drop of water from to shower. 

the water managed to wash away the blood from her sore back and give nora the warmth that she craved from her mother for a moment.

climbing out of the shower nora came face to face with the huge mirror that was directly opposite the shower. despite the steam that was attached to the mirror, nora could see the belt whips across her back and although they had stopped bleeding, they were still a shade of angry red- a complete contrast to her honey tanned skin.

usually nora would cry when she saw the bruises and cuts but today she just stared at it, she stared at the 11 whips across her back and the 4 out of 11 that shed her blood. 

she hated her lack of emotions, she hated that she couldn't feel anything but fatigue because in her mind she was letting her mother win and she hated that, she refused to let her win. so she opened her little cabinet that was under the sink and felt around for a small pink shaving blade 

1

2

3

4

5

5 cuts littered her thighs and for some fucked up reason, nora smiled because now all her emotions were drowning her and she prefered that instead of being stuck in a void darkness. wiping her blood away she began putting on loose clothings all the while avoiding her reflection in the mirror because she knew that if she were to look at herself she would be disappointed because she had promised herself that she would never cut herself again, not after last time but here she was with 5 fresh cuts.