Chapter 12

Chapter song- I'm Sorry Don't Leave me By Slander ft Dylan Matthew

"I'm sorry." Steve whispers as he still holds me close. "You shouldn't have had to deal with any of that alone."

"Like you said, I'm not alone." I reply

"They're all watching us." I chuckle lightly. "I think Tony wants me to let go."

"Don't you dare." Now it was his turn to laugh. 

"I lost you once, that's not happening again."

"Well..."

"Vi."

"I'm kidding." I pull back from his hug. "I need to talk to Tony." He nods, we go back in to the others. "Tony, we need to talk." I tell him.

"I know, come on lets go for a walk." He replies, I follow him out of the room. "So I'll start, I'm sorry for everything. I was too busy thinking about myself and how I wanted to control everything, I hate how it took for me to believe you were dead to realise how much of an ass I was and probably still am." 

"You're Tony Stark, you'll always be an ass."

"Funny." I see him grin. "Does this mean we're cool?"

"I guess. It's still going to be a while before I trust any of you though."

"We know." We come to a stop outside a room. "Nobody's been in here apart from Steve since you left."

"Why him?"

"He made sure it was clean in case you ever came back." 

"Oh." Way to make me feel guilty. "He didn't have too."

"Yeah, I told him that. But I also know he came to grief over you."

"If you're trying to make me feel guilty it's working." 

"Is it? Good." I push him lightly. "I missed you, I really did."

"You too."

"I'll leave you to get comfy." He starts to walk away but turns to face me. "Oh and we're having Christmas party next Friday, you should invite that family you stayed with." He smiles before turning the corner, to be fair Christmas is in a few weeks so I'm not surprised that he's throwing a party. I guess I should start shopping for them, then again I'm not sure if I should get them anything.

"Violet." I see Nat walking towards me.

"Hey." She pulls me in to a hug. "Oh, okay." I hug back.

"I'm sorry." 

"I know." She stops hugging me.

"Did Clint know, about where you were?"

"Yeah, he knew."

"And he still came to help look for you, oh that sneaky man."

"He didn't want to blow his cover." I defend him. "You would have done the same."

"Yeah, that's true."

"I'd love to stay and chat but I'm beat."

"Yeah, of course. We'll catch up soon though, especially on the shopping trip."

"Shopping trip?"

"Yes, for the party next week and for presents."

"Right."

"It's just us girls. You, me and Wanda. No guys, no cap." I roll my eyes. "I'm not taking no as an answer."

"Fine. Just let me know when."