Chapter 01

You and your younger brother, Hanagaki takemitchi never really talked much. You both respect each other's business, you both have a neutral relationship it was never sweet yet not that cold enough to be called no different from strangers.

You were never the sweet type, takemitchi is used to your cold demeanor and normalize it as your natural personality. You have a problem in expressing your feelings through actions and never tried sharing it with words.

Takemitchi assumed you never cared about him, considering you were always focusing on your studies and part time job. Personally, you always wanted to get closer with your brother but never got the chance too, you were hesitant to do it.

You were never fond of studying but practically thinking about takemitchi, you wanted to aim high for yourself to be able to help him in whatever situation he'll be in the near future. You genuinely love your brother, and would do anything for him.

Now you're on your way home after working from your part time job at a cafe, you checked your phone.

July, 4 2005. It's already 7:02 in the evening. Mitchi's probably home.

After a few minutes, now arriving in front of your house you gaze up at the sky for a moment feeling the breeze against your skin, the moonlight making your raven hair shine. Out of nowhere a butterfly landed on the tip of your nose for a few seconds before flying away.

Butterfly? An emblematic of change. Death of one's past self so a newer version can present itself.

You hear footsteps inside the house indicating that someone is already inside, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Mitchi" you brim in excitement mentally.

After going inside, you were met with blonde mitchi rummaging food on the fridge. As the blonde heard your footsteps in coming he turned his attention towards you.

"Oniisan" takemitchi said, smiling at you sentiment filling him up. He never expected this day could come where he was given a chance to be with his brother again, after what happened from the future after he magically time leaped unconsciously.

"Oniisan?
Is this a dream? I didn't expect this to finally happened." You thought, joyfully jumping in starfish form mentally.

"Do you need something, takemitchi?" You said in a monotone voice. Takemitchi was taken back by the tone of your voice, then he was reminded of what type of person you were during this time period.

"D-did you eat already, Niisan?"

"Not yet"

"Where'd you go, Oniisan?"

"work"

"Oniisan?"

"what?"

"N-nothing, goodnight" Takemitchi said, hurriedly walked upstairs into his room.

"Wait—" before you could finish your sentence, he was already upstairs to your disappointment.

Goodnight? it's 7 in the evening.

I wanted him to eat with me..

Did I do something wrong?

You decided to eat alone, not bothering your younger brother to dine with you together in case you'll just annoy him. After eating you did the dishes and went to your room to wash up and do your homework for school.

Currently doing your homework on your study table, your thoughts wondered back at takemitchi. You felt warm remembering the moment your baby brother called you Oniisan.