Chapter- 2

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

WARNING - Guys, this chapter has not turned out how I wanted it to because I have written more than half of it with a terrible headache. This update is here just because I promised it would be. Really sorry to make you all read such poor quality reading but please tolerate me for today. I promise better chapters from tomorrow.

Shivika's POV –

" Who is this? See, I will shout if you try to do anything. I will scream at the top of my lungs and then I will sue your ass in court I swear if you try to attempt anything so back off." I panicked and started to blabber stuff.

" You are misunderstanding me, I am not here to harm you." The man said, in some way maybe trying to assure me but darkness along with a stranger was not really a good combination with me to be honest.

" Everyone would say that even when they have all the bad intentions in the world." I said and was about to shout for help when a not so gentlemanly move was made by the man as she kept his palm on my mouth to muffle my scream as he held my arm with his other hand and pulled me towards him slightly. Thankfully, there was still a good amount of distance between us.

" Now ma'am, I am going to take my hand away but please don't scream. I am Devansh Rajput, the prince of Udaipur and I assure you that I absolutely do not have any bad intention alright?" He whispered and that is when I could see his hazel orbs almost shining in the night and my eyes widened as the truth sank in. He was the prince, not my probable kidnapper and I let out a sigh of relief.

" Do you promise not to scream?" He confirmed once again and I nodded in a yes almost as quick as the words left his mouth and found him withdrawing his hand, still probably unsure what my reaction could be.

" I am extremely sorry sir. I panicked because of the dark. Please excuse my behavior." I apologized because of the highest degree of unprofessionalism I had shown to the prince of Udaipur. Honestly, way to go Shivika.

His other hand was still on my right arm which he took away slowly when he was sure that I was not a threat.

" That's alright. No harm done but who are you?" He asked as we stood there and before I could answer, the lights were on all of a sudden.

" Oh." I managed to utter, looking around and then I looked at him clearly and yes, he looked like someone who had walked straight out of a vogue magazine. He had a navy blue suit on with his coat hanging around his arm, white shirt with the first two buttons undone and folded sleeves, could give any actor a run for his money and I on the other hand was greeting a prince with the same outfit I had on all day, probably looking like a big oaf.

" I am Shivika Kulkarni, your company's lawyer and am here with Mr. Rajat Pandey." I recalled his question the moment I was out of my trance just almost immediately as I was pulled into it.

" Nice to meet you Miss Kulkarni. Did you just get here?" He asked, giving me a small smile. I frowned at his question but of course anyone would ask that if I would roam in my suit at eleven at night.

" No your grace, we had reached a few hours back. I just didn't carry my luggage with me." I replied in honesty and my own words gave a nightmare to me. What kind of person does not get their luggage with them while travelling outstation? Yes, me and to top it all, it wasn't even my fault.

" Your grace, I have already taken a lot of your time. I'll be off now. Once again, I am extremely sorry for what happened a while back. Goodnight." I said before he could come up with a reply. I was honestly getting pissed off with all this politeness and fakeness but Rajat sir would kill me tomorrow if he gets to know that I gave tiniest bit of sass to the prince. I started to walk towards to main gate of the palace.