Chapter- 3

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Question of the Day -

Guys, I am trying to make the characters relatable to normal people along with. Like, not over the top and all. Is it working? let me know please?? Pretty Please?

Shivika's POV -

I was asked to start my presentation and so I did.

" Alright, this man Tarun Rajput claimed to be your first born child with a woman who is not Ranisa, no offence please." I added the last part because of the look of Ranaji's face.

He then nodded slightly, even Ranisa as I continued.

" He apparently is a businessman who has a textile company, not really well established and under a lot of pressure from his investors and the banks to pay the loans. So he thought of cooking up a story which blew up on the social media platforms. He just got lucky with the 230 twitter followers he has.

" We know all of this Miss Kulkarni. We were kind of hoping that you give us solutions instead of narrating something we already know." Ranisa said a little too rudely to my liking.

" Ma'am with all due respect, this is what I do on a daily basis. I need to do this briefing before keeping my plan of action in front of you all to make sure that there has been no misunderstanding in the translation and communication among any of us which may create any issue further." I clarified my stand to her because she may be Udaipur's queen but no one teaches me how to do my work except Rajat sir.

I then looked at sir to see his expressions which were thankfully not of anger or irritation towards me, instead he had a very small smile on like almost appreciating me and I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding.

" Sorry for the interruption Miss Kulkarni, please go ahead." The prince said who was looking at me as if trying to read me, putting me into a slightly uncomfortable position. I was used to getting all the attention in the room while speaking but his particularly was a little intimidating for some reason.

" Thank you." I gave his a slight nod, taking the presentation to the next slide.

" So as a basic standard of procedure, I will have to put forth some questions in front of each and every member of the royal family. I hope that is not a problem for anyone?" I asked, looking at the people in the room as they nodded in a yes.

" Good. I am going to start with Ranaji. It's completely on you all if you want these questions to be asked on a one-to-one basis or I can just go on here in front of everyone?" I threw my question to Ranaji.

" Please go ahead right here. I have nothing to hide." He replied with a nod and I took my seat with was right opposite his.

Before I could start questioning, Rajat sir interrupted me.

" Shivika you get started with Ranaji and i will ask Ranisa and Devansh. Alright?" He asked me.

" Yes sir, then we get more time to finish it off quickly." I replied and he nodded as he went to the next cabin with the queen and prince.

" Ranaji, is he or is he not your son? We are your attorneys and it is us you tell the truth and we would represent you no matter what. We can also not testify against you under any circumstance because we are bound by the attorney client privilege and we can only work the best when we are not kept in the dark." I asked him and added the last part to make him comfortable and open up.