Chapter 1

The sound of people cheering comes to my ears. Water splashes my face as I fill my lungs with air. My arms and feet grow sore from pushing me through the water. As I lift my head to fill my lungs, I see my competitors closing in on me. Begging my body to go faster, I see the finish line. I just need to reach the end of the pool and first place is mine.

15m...

10m

5m

I reach my hand out to slap the concrete. Not caring if it hurts or not. But my hand never hits the edge of the pool. I try to lift my head out of the water only to realize Im not in Lakeside High Schools Pool. Looking around me I only notice the dark blue of the water. Practically turning black if I look all the way down. Running out of air, I try to swim to the surface. Yet the surface never came. I could hold my breath for about five minutes, with a good inhale of air that is. I never got one, I could only last at least another minute before the sea water would fill my lungs.

My arms began getting heavy. My feet are tiring out. My eyes are beginning to fill up with tears, fogging up the goggles on my face. Until finally I breach the surface. Immediately gasping up as much air as my lungs can fill. Taking off my tear fogged goggles and my swim cap. I cough up the water that managed to get through my sealed lips. I look around only to see dark ocean water. The moon gently lights up the sea. With the Red Planet close to it, only this time its a lot closer to Earth.

Scientist dont know where this thing came from. But it did prove to all those non-believers that aliens exist. The dark lullaby it sings can be heard but clearer from where I am. At first when this thing was discovered, scientist tried to hide it. But all their efforts failed when the information about it got leaked out and everyday star gazers tried looking for it. And find it they did. Images spread all over the internet. Videos of people going insane from seeing it. Some evening committing suicide. Things got worse for people when they heard the dark lullaby it was singing.

Some had nightmares of it invading Earth. Others thought it was just a messenger for something bigger. And this was before people saw the giant eye it had. But now some people have grown used to it to where it doesnt bother them anymore. One of those people is me. I, however, find it highly fascinating. I sometimes didnt understand how this thing scared people, but at the same time I do. Although for me its deep voice has a certain terrifying, yet beautiful ring to it.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as the deep voice stops and the eye seems to be looking straight at me. Its eyelid slowly closes and open. The blackish-red iris grows and shrinks. As if it was examining me. It lets out a deep rumble as if it was chuckling. It closes its eye before it opens wide, and it releases a deep and loud roar. Even though there is no mouth I could feel the wind of the roar hit me. Eventually it stops. It lets out another deep rumble as it slowly backs away from Earth.

Wants it's gone the sea starts sprouting waves. A big deep rumble comes from within the deep. I looked down within a fright only to see nothing. Only to be swept underneath the ocean. The sea water getting into my mouth. I try to swim to the surface, only to be swept again by another wave. Only this time I feel my feet hit grains of sand as a wave practically spits me out onto a small sand dune. I take a second to wipe my hair out of my face. The tide retracts as glowing lights gently rise from the deep blue sea.

The figure that rose was something to fear. It had the face of an octopus, with tentacles covering where the mouth would be. As it continued to rise, I could make out its body. It had dragon like wings attached to its back that expanded as it gave out a predatory roar. Giant muscular arms rose from the sea as they both grabbed on to the sand dune I was on. Its glowing eyes glued onto me as it rose till the water just got to its waistline. The creature hunched over and came closer to me, causing me too instinctively move back. However, the creature moved its hand behind me. Trapping me there.

A deep rumble came from within its chest, as it moved its hand that was stationed behind my back to pick me up. Its eyes bored deeply into mine as it lifted me up till, I was leveled with it. This creature was hundreds of feet tall and here I was face to face. Water was dripping from my face as it started to speak. A deep, almost growling, like voice started to speak in a language that one could say it wasnt of this realm. When it got done speaking a high-pitch ringing caught the attention of my ears. It got louder and higher that I thought my ears were going to burst. No matter how hard I covered my ears, it just got louder. Until it finally stopped. The ringing left my head hurting and me on my hands and knees in the palm of this creature.

I uncovered my ears and looked back up at the creature with tears building up in my eyes from the pain I just endured. It let out a soft rumble as one of the ends of the tentacles from it face shrank to a smaller size. That tentacle wiped my eyes and went around my waist to lift me to my feet. Once on my feet the tentacle grew slightly bigger to wrap around my body. Like that of a messenger bag. The creatures eyes glowed and the tentacle that was wrapped around me started to glow. Until I felt a soft burning pain. My mouth opened as I let out a scream. My arms tried to pull the tentacles from my body, but I was too weak to budge them. My attempt also made thee creature tighten them.

After a few minutes the pain stopped and the creature loosened its grasp on me, but not fully. The end of the tentacle lifted my face till I was starring directly into its eyes. It made what sounded like a pleasing rumble as it stared at me. Then the creature slowly moved its tentacles from my body. Then without warning it started tilting the palm of its hand, causing me to stumble. I tried to hang on to anything my hands could grasp, but that became impossible when the creatures palm was now facing downwards. I started to fall back down to the water.

I knew from this height I would surely die. This thing was at least double the size of the empire state building. But there I was falling, and what was only seconds before I would hit the water felt like hours. I stared back as the creature as I fell to what would probably be my death. But as I got closer I could here the waves, and the high pitch ringing from early. The ringing got louder, and the waves sounded closer until

*RIIIIIIIIIIING*

I jolted awake from my desk as the bell rang for dismissal of school. Had all that really been a dream? It couldnt have been. I was on the swim tea- key word was. I looked down at my still broken left leg in a cast. With my crutches leaning on the side of my desk. I looked up and luckily everyone including the teacher had left. Thankfully I didnt embarrass myself. I checked to make sure I had everything before I left the classroom. There was still a bit of kids left in the school. Though majority I would assume are for clubs and sports.

As I exited the school and made my way to my car, I heard laughing. I looked over and it was/used to be buddies of the swim team. I lightly shook my head and slowly made my way to my car. Luckily, I broke my left leg, not my right. So, I could still drive. My mom always offered to drive me, but I always told her I could do it. Besides, I didnt want to bother or make her late for work. As I drove home, I couldnt help but thank mom for suggesting that we move to Hawaii for a fresh start; sadly, it didnt go as fresh as I wanted it to. Besides from the sea, my consequently sad life, and what I'll have for dinner tonight. There was still one thing I couldnt piece together. The creature that I had in my dream. What the hell was it? I mean it was huge an-wait a minute.

"Where the hell did that Red thing go?"

I said to myself as I looked up at the sky and saw the big red Planet was no longer there. But before I could question anything else an earthquake started rumbling the ground. And the tides started to retract.

(Again, I made this in a word document. So some things might have messed up from when I was c/p it over. I did my best to look over and fix all that I saw. If you find anymore let me know.  Please vote and enjoy. I really like where I'm going with this plot in the upcoming chapters.)