Cabin

He promised me an adventure, but little did I know that our trip to the quaint woodsy cabin in the forest was going to be filled with terror and an overwhelming sense of fear.

      I was so done with life I think it is finally time for me to to at peace and end it all, told my best friend, Gabe, to which he responded "Not just yet don't give up, let me take you away from here. I've got a cabin in the woods it can be just us, we can go exploring and see what the world has to offer." I reluctantly agreed to go. As I drove up to the cabin I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. I was going to be all alone with him in the middle of nowhere and nobody knew where I was. I blinked my eyes realizing I had gone into a daze, I shook my head and stepped on the gas, speeding towards the unknown coordinates Gabe had given me. Why was I so nervous? He wouldn't hurt me on purpose we were best friends.

        As Naomi slowly approached the door bags in hand, she could hear a quiet voice in the back of her head screaming for her to turn around and drive home, but she pushed that thought aside and continued forward.

         I opened the door cautiously and found Gabe sitting at the kitchen table looking like perhaps he has posed there for me. He was staring right at me with a sweet yet eerie and almost suffocating smile. It made my skin crawl. I again shook my head shaking away the thoughts and politely said, "Hello, Gabe! This cabin is truly beautiful." Gabe replied quickly and with reciprocated politeness, "Hey, Nao! Thank you. I know we are going to have a wonderful time here." He spoke not once breaking eye contact going in for a hug that lasted way too long. Gabe continued holding me breathing in the scent of my hair, it made me very uncomfortable. I tried pulling away but his grip was too tight, I asked him to let go continuing to try to wiggle free, but he didn't budge. He all too quickly spun me around restraining my arms with one hand while the other kept me from screaming. I started to panic, this was not the Gabe I knew. What was he doing? What was happening? Was this real? Before I knew it I was being confined to one of the kitchen chairs with harsh zip ties around my wrists and ankles. When I looked into Gabe's eyes I didn't recognize the boy in them, this wasn't my best friend. He slowly and predatorily strode a few feet away from me and planted his feet still trying to make eye contact. After what felt like hours of silence he said, "I've wanted to do this since the very moment I first saw you. You are so beautiful, Naomi." His eyes were dead, there was no emotion in them. I knew I wasn't going to leave this cabin alive, and the worst part is that I walked through the door willingly, I said 'yes'.