Chapter 1

"Y/n" I hear Benny yell.
"BENNY!" I yelled with tears forming in my eyes. "PLEASE DON'T GO!!" I yell out. And then he just disappears.
Then I wake up.
With tears already forming in my eyes, I get up and start to get ready for school. I don't know why I had a dream of my ex best friend that betrayed me. Why should I even care. He clearly doesn't care about me. If he did he wouldn't have ever left me. But I had to suffer seeing him again. It was the first day of 8th grade and I already couldn't wait for it to be over.
*Time skip to school*
"Hey y/n" my friend Kiara said.
"Heyyy!" I ran and hugged her. I haven't seen her since the last day of school since she left for vacation.
"So how was your summer?" She asked me as we walked to our lockers.
"It was good but, boring without you" I told her.
"Well mine was fun but I did miss you too. I was kind of bored in Puerto Rico, but I was able to spend time with my family" she explained.
We got to our lockers when I suddenly bumped into someone and I had dropped my language arts books and fell. I looked up and saw that the person I bumped into was Benny. Kiara had helped me pick them up and Benny just stood there staring at me.
"Man, why are you just standing in front of her locker?! Get out of the way." Kiara told him.
"whatever" he said as he rolled his eyes and walked away.
"I swear y/n that boy is secretly obsessed with you" Kiara teased.
"Ewww Benny no! He's such a asshole." I told her.
"Yeah. He is. But he definitely likes you."
*Last school period*
"Oh class today we are going to be doing a small project for the beginning of the year. You will be matched up with partners. The project is to create your own vision board with your partner. One side with be your goals and the other side will be your partners goals. Then you will write one paragraph comparing and contrasting your goals." Our teacher Ms. Selena said.
A lot of people were excited for this project and wondered who our partners would be.
"Kiara and Kenny, Emma and squints, smalls and Gianna" the teacher yelled out as I waited for her to say who my partner was.
"Y/n and Benny"
I turned my head to Benny with a disgusted look in my face. Please tell me this woman was joking!
"And class you can start working on this assignment today and it is due next week!" Our teacher said. She then sent me and little wink. Did she know something about me and Benny that made her pick him to be my partner? That's when I felt a nudge on my shoulder.
"So my house or your house?" Benny asked
"Look Benjamin I really don't wanna work with you. That's the last thing I wanna do. I'd rather fail than work with you" I said. He seemed a little sad but I didn't care.
"Well I don't wanna fail ok? Your not that bright either sweetheart. I don't even know why you hate my guts so much?" He told me.
"Are you seriously asking me why I hate you so much??! Are you that full of yourself and stuck up that you truly believe that you didn't do anything wrong to make me hate you?" I asked him. He didn't say a word. The bell rang and I left and started walking home. But I felt someone behind me. Benny ran in front of me and stoped me. "Please just tell me why you literally have a death wish on me" he begged.
Was this boy really an idiot or is he just trying to play victim?
"BENNY YOU BACKSTABBED ME! We were best friends! We had sleepovers at the tree house! We did everything together! I was there for you when your parents were always fighting! And you threw that all away and left me! For people who didn't care about you and you wanna know why I hate you! Not to mention you ignored me for no reason and treated me like shit once they became your friends! THATS WHY I HATE YOU!" I yelled at him. I saw him look down. His eyes getting a little watery. Benny wasn't the emotional type. He didn't like to cry in front of people. But he was on the verge of it at this very moment.
"I know...and I'm so sorry because that was the biggest mistake I made. And I did miss you so much..but we can fix it." He said
"No Benny..we can't. And you know why? Because your going to end up leaving me again" I said and ran home.