Chapter 2

Benny POV:
"So man did you get that weirdo to go out with you?" Yeah yeah asked
"She's not a weirdo! And no not yet" I said "but I will and how much with I be payed"
"Hmmm I mean I'm pretty much broke but how about $100" yeah yeah offered.
"You're gonna need to offer a little more than that" I stated.
"Ugh! Take it or leave it" yeah yeah rolled his eyes.
"Fine just give me the money" I demanded. Yeah yeah handed me the 100 bucks and I went and called y/n too see if she answered.
"Hello this is y/n" she picked up.
"Look y/n I know you hate me and literally want me dead but how about you come to the sandlot I really do miss you and I just want this rivalry between us to end." I could tell she was really tired of me. But I really did start to miss her even after the bet I made will yeah yeah. He said that I couldn't get her to fall in love with me. But I will make her fall for me.
"Fine Benny but only this once" she said.
"Ok see you there in a little" I smiled and ran to get my sneakers and got to the sandlot as fast as I could.
*Y/n Pov*
"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ACTUALLY AGREED TO MEET HIM AT THE SANDLOT! NOW I ACTUALLY HAVE TO GO" I ranted to my sister.
"I mean you really don't have to. No one is forcing you so you could just ditch. If he felt nothing betraying you, what's he gonna do if you don't go?"
"True, I mean kind of do want to know why he wants to talk." I said. She just shrugged and left so I could get ready. I told her I would call her after, when i get home to let her know what happened. I put on some shoes and headed out to the sandlot. That's when I saw him.
*AT THE SANDLOT*
I saw Benny, his wavy hair, and his hazel eyes. I might be catching feelings for him, but I didn't let that get in the way.
"So what did you want to talk about Rodriguez" I asked
"Well I just wanted to apologize y/n.. I'm sorry that I hurt you...but it was in 4th grade. I mean I was like 10...I just don't want you to hate me for the rest of your life because of one little mistake I made like 4 years ago."
"It may have happened 4 years ago but it still hurts me, because my best friend rather be with the popular kids than me, And  you waited til now to apologize?" I said. He looked down at his feet. He always did that when he was genuinely sorry.
"Look Benny, you don't even understand how much emotional damage you put me through. I stayed up at night crying because my best friend ever just left me. Not once did you decide to call, or say hi, and when I checked up on you, you just shut me out." I saw tears start to kind of form in his eyes. This was weird for me because I rarely see him cry. The last time I saw him cry was like 10 years ago.  I'm sorry, I just don't know if I'm ready to forgive you for that." I said. He nodded and walked away.  I felt so guilty and almost gave in but I need some time to decide if forgiving him would be a regret or not.