0.8 - bedsheets and benefits

so i thought about it, and then i thought some more

and then i was sad. so here is sus things because i dont want to wait for gay :/

screw life lets deal with consequences afterwards. live in the moment i say

----------

Gentle snuggles, warm chests, heated cheeks, sleepy faces, smiling lips. The room was flooded with beams of heavenly light, and the two boys burrowed under several giant bed covers, embraced in each other's grasp as if nothing would part them. And nothing could.

Knock knock

Except for a loud, shuddering bang at the door. The King stirred, poking his head up from beneath the sheets with confusion. There was another knock. Dream opened his eyes also, with both boys still trapped in a daze of comfort. "Who's there?" Dream murmured, ruffling his head further into George's neck.

"I'm not sure," He whispered back, before raising his voice to the disrupter. "Who is it?"

A pause. Dream pulled away, staring at George. The King only stared back at the presence in his bed. And they continued to stare, to gaze at each other, neither having any clue on what to do.

"It's Sapnap, number 4 sir. You asked your King's Guard to escort you to your meeting with the Captain across town today."

"Yes..." The King peeled his eyes from the boy and to the closed door. "But that's not until midday-"

"It is midday, Your Majesty."

George gasped, knocking Dream's shoulder, "We slept till midday!"

Another pause. That time he wasn't whispering.

Sapnap spoke from outside the room, clearly confused and defensive. He wasn't usually a babysitter for the royal, but for some reason their star player—seventeen—was nowhere to be found. "We, Sir?"

"Uhh, well, I can- I can tell you slept in, soldier! You- you sound half asleep!" George gritted his teeth, staring at Dream and waiting to see if the kid bought it. Thankfully, Sapnap wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar.

"Ahh, that. Sorry, Your Grace, it won't happen again. Shall we go now?" The door knob turned, and instinctively George pushed Dream down and covered him in duvet. "Do you need assistance with anything?"

"NO!" George sat up immediately, covering as much of the lump of a body as possible as he scrunched more duvet behind him. "Don't come in!"

The boy paused at the door, foot sticking into the room. "Your Majesty-"

"I'm not a child, I'll change myself this morning."

A voice beneath the blankets giggled."You don't usually change yourse-"

"Shut up-" Any attempt of sounding manly had been thrown out, dust to the wind. The king sounded like a protesting child, not one ounce of threat in him."I'll meet you late afternoon at the gates. Tw- Three o'clock. Now get out!"

"Yes, Your Grace." But the guard paused, "You're not hiding something, are you Your Majesty?"

"Well of course not!" George's voice cracked at the perfect moment, and for a second no one moved. "N-now let me change!"

Finally the bedroom door was closed, and the King sprinted to lock it, leaning against the frame and finally relaxing. The soldiers could be heard exiting the hallway, and once again the air was warm and quiet. Only two shallow breaths seemed to dance around their ears, and George was too scared to turn around and disrupt that.

Luckily he didn't have to. "Bit forward, isn't it?"

"Wha-what?!" His fingers pulled away from the lock in a small panic, looking to the boy still in his bed.

"You locked me in." The taller out the hiding spot, squinting at the brightness that had taken over the room since.

Now Dream was on his feet, an unbuttoned shirt and loose pants that were pulled just a little bit lower than was legal. It was fair to say they were in a sort of stalemate, unsure of how to proceed or even address the other. George had let this happen, he was the one that made the guard spend the night. And a night to remember- the best night George had ever had-

"You're staring."

"I'm not."

"Should I button this up, is it too distracting?" Dream gestured to his skirt, pulling on the hem. A laugh. The room became light.

"Possibly..." The King found his feet carrying themselves to the bed, where he sat and looked at the other. "So do we- are we-"

Dream made a small hum, not making eye contact.

"What was tha- no, what are we?" There it was. The monstrously humongous elephant practically flashing all sorts of red in the middle of the room. Dream looked down, hands pausing at the third button. He didn't seem to have an answer, also sitting back on the bed right next to George.

"Tired?" The man leaned back, cranking his knuckles. "Ready for a nap?"

"Dream- I'm King-"

"I know that." George looked down at the hand placed on his knee, Dream's voice not doing a very good job of calming him. "You are King, you can do what you want."

"I can't do a lot. I cant marry who I want, I can't not have children, I certainly can't cuddle with one of my kings guard all night!" The royal collapsed to his side, his arms wrapped around the waist he drooled over too much. "I can't do this."

Dream pulled him closer, bringing his face to eye level. It was new, how they were acting, but it felt comfortable. Touching each other, hugging casually. It almost seemed familiar. "George, you can do what you want. This- this isn't anything."

"It's not?" The King's whole body tensed.

"So we were both stressed, and needed to let off some steam. It's fine. No one knows and it doesn't mean anything." Dream's hand made its way to the top of the boy's thigh. "It's not like we are dating or anything. We don't, you know... we don't love each other."

"Yea- Yeah! This didn't mean anything at all, I'm just stressed."

"Exactly. Nothing has changed."

"Nothing at all."

They shared a delicate moment, George looking up at his knight. The morning escaping into midday, and the world busying outside. This was fine, what they were doing. Being together in secret, it was all fine. The King was just relaxing with a little down time, completely fine.

Dream smiled at the boy, and George suddenly couldn't stop himself from falling back down the rabbit hole. "Kiss me."

It was an order, and the large hand held the King's cheeks ever so carefully. "I don't think I can without breaking that pretty face." This was no longer Dream, it was someone entirely different. His personality changed so much due to one drunk act after repressed urges. And George couldn't get enough of the effect it had on him; and the effect he also seemed to have on the knight.

"I don't care." They held gaze, smirks forming devilishly. "Destroy it."