Back at Hogwarts

Reader's pov

The train finally arrived,Hagrid the grounds keeper of hogwarts greeted all the students as they arrive "All first years form yer line infront of me" All the first years formed a line as me I proceeded to go to the castle with her fellow 3rd year gryffindor house mates

(Sorry for the Slytherin,Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff readers)

Y/N arrived at the great hall and sat by the gryffindor table along with he other gryffindors,Professor Flitwick's choir are singing with their frogs. After the performance the whole great hall was quaked with applauses from all of the students and staffs, followed by the sorting of the 1st years,all the gryffindor including me cheered whenever a fiirst year is sorted into gryffindor,as the sorting ceremony ended,Professor Dumbldore got up from his seat to make an announcement "Welcome everyone to another year at Hogwarts,now I would like to say a few words before we are befuddled by our excellent feast,I'm glad to say that Professor R.J Lupin kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts position,good luck professor!" Professor Lupin got up from his seat slightly giving a bow ,he was sitting next to Professor Snape who was the potions master and the head of slytherin,professor lupin sat back down. "Now let our feast begin!" Suddenly the whole table was now full of delicious food,y/n then started to make her plate and started eating

Time skip

The feast has ended,all of the students followed their prefects back to their common rooms,except for me (y/n). I stayed behind as went to the library since it was still early,I decided to study  all my lessons for tomorrow. Few hours passed I finished reading a few books from potions to charms,what is left now is dark arts and herbology. I wasn't looking at the time anymore not knowing it was past curfew,I heard footsteps behind me getting closer,i checked the time my eyes were now widened as I realised it was past curfew,I quickly got up gathering my books when I bumped into someone,i looked up and saw professor snape looking at me raising a brow "What are you doing here past curfew Ms.L/N?" He said in a cold tone "I-I was just studying for tomorrow's l-lesson p-professor" I said stuttering "Really? Or are you just sneaking out again?" He said raising a brow again "This is the third time I caught you still out here past curfew,are you trying to sneak in the restricted section again Ms. L/N?" Said snape narrowing his eyes at me "N-no professor I was just-" Snape cut me off "You will be facing detention you insolent little-" Snape was cut off from a man behind him,it was the new dark arts teacher,professor lupin "Professor Snape,what seems to be the problem here?" professor lupin asked as he looked at me concerned "Well I caught Ms.L/N here still in the library past curfew,I believe she is planning to sneak into the restricted section" professor snape said "But professor i swear I wasn't planning on going to the restricted section" I said hurriedly "Ms.L/N calm down,professor snape I'll take care of her,Ms.Turpin follow me" professor lupin said as he walked ahead of me so I followed him.

Remus' Pov

It's my first year being a professor here at Hogwarts,Professor Dumbledore begged me to fill the post since her couldn't find anyone else to take the job so I kindly accepted his offer,I was excited at the same time nervous once I stepped foot at the grounds,Every time I walk through the halls memories came flashing back to me when I was still studying here along with my friends James,Sirius and Peter,I finally reached my office as I put on my robes and went to the great hall along with the other staffs. After Professor Dumbledore introduced me the feats started and began eating, The feast ended all of the students went to their common rooms along with the prefects so I decided to take a small stroll around the castle. It was past curfew when I heard Professor Snape scolding a student in the library I walked behind snape cutting him off of what he was about to say to the student,snape explained why he detained the student,I decided to assist the student instead of him.