Sun Shower

"Kyojuro, we really don't need to run!" 

Your feet fly across the muddy road, narrowly avoiding puddles from the recent rainfall as Kyojuro drags you along.

Kyojuro only laughs and gives your hand a gentle squeeze.

"We don't want to be late!" Kyojuro insists. "The cinema fills up quickly!"

You smile and continue along, shaking your head with a soft giggle.

This date isn't your first- in fact, it's far from it. You and Kyojuro have been dating for a solid couple of months by this point, and you're well used to Kyojuro's upbeat personality.

Still, he seems even more radiant than usual.

"If you're getting tired, I can carry you!" Kyojuro suddenly exclaims.

You laugh and try to pick up the pace.

"I'm fine, Kyo!" you giggle.

Kind, thoughtful, and indescribably devoted... Kyojuro really is the whole package.

As you continue to run down the road, hand in hand with your eccentric boyfriend, you suddenly hear a rumbling in the distance.

You cast your eyes to the clouds above you, dark and heavy with rain. The sun is still shining, so a sudden rainfall seems unlikely, but still, you'd better get out your-

"Oh, no!" you cry, slowing down and frantically patting your side.

You'd left it at the school house!

"What's wrong, y/n?"

"I left my umbrella," you groan, sighing and looking back up to the sky.

Kyojuro chuckles and cups your chin, placing a quick kiss on your forehead.

"Don't worry about it!" he says with a smile. "The sun is still out! We'll be at the cinema in-"

Thunder suddenly booms through the air, and within seconds, a torrential downpour begins to fall down upon your heads.

"No time," Kyojuro finishes dully, his fiery yellow hair already dripping with water.

Despite the sudden turn of events, you find yourself laughing.

Kyojuro looks like a defeated puppy!

As you laugh like a madwoman, Kyojuro stares at you- clearly happy, but confused.

"Let's head to your house," you finally manage to get out, your eyes blurry with hysterical tears. "The cinema can wait for another day!"

Kyojuro nods, then, before you can react, he sweeps you off your feet and presses you against his chest.

"K-Kyojuro!"

"We don't need your feet getting all muddy!" Kyojuro explains, grinning as he takes off running.

Your weight barely seems to slow him down, and you realize with a deep blush just how strong Kyojuro is.

Within a couple of minutes, the two of you arrive at the Rengoku estate.

Kyojuro quickly but gently sits you down on the porch, then slides open the door and shouts for Senjuro.

The young boy appears almost immediately, his golden eyes wide.

You offer him a friendly, bashful wave as Kyojuro asks him to fetch you two some towels.

When Senjuro takes off again, Kyojuro turns to you and gives you a bright smile.