Do You?

Today is my boyfriend's and mines 5 year anniversary. We've known each other for more than that; we met in high school, soccer team to be exact. He was a reserved person. If it wasn't for that day that we had to walk home from practice because we in the gym until late I don't know where I would be today. However that was 7 years ago.

My boyfriend, Marcus has already planned our night and it consisted on me going to my mom's for a few days. I don't know why he would need 2 days to plan simple at home dinner but I guess I'll see it when it's done.

I got back from work a little tired than usual so I decided to take 2 hour nap so I can wake up and get dressed because Marcus said he wanted to pick me from my mom's. I tried to go against it but I love when he makes his mind. I love it when he is really dominant, of course there are times when he knows he should ask for my opinion but for the simple things like this it shows that he is a decided person.

I greet my mom as I walk in the house, she is retired at the age of 45, she is a really wealthy, I don't say we because that money isn't mine, it's my moms. I try to work hard for everything I get, seeing that hard working woman break a sweat everyday was everything I needed to remind me off when I felt lazy.

"Hi mom, I'll be taking a quick nap before my date with Marcus. If u need anything just knock." I say waving at her. "Okay sweetie." She responded and with that I walked upstairs to take my nap.

*Ti ti ti* it was my alarm, I'm 40 minutes late!!! He will be here in about 10 minutes. That's the amount I take just to clean myself properly. I don't know if it was from the adrenaline but that was one of the fastest I've gotten ready.

I pick up a purple button up and dark blue khakis and my purple and blue sneakers, my watch and my ear rings. I style my hair backwards and leave a few strands out. I take a moment to look at myself; I look great the dark blue has really good contrast with my eyes and purple matches well with blue and purple are also my favourite colour.

I pose a little long in front of the bathrooms mirror; I wink at my reflection and leave the bathroom. I heard the bell ring so I know that was for me. I get my coat and my phone and wallet and head down stairs.

"Lukey! Marcus as arrived!" I hate that nickname; Marcus also uses it especially when I'm mad. I turn to the kitchen and look at that broad figure chatting with my mom. He loves my mom, it's concerning, if he gets the opportunity to spend his time here, he gladly will.

"You look good." He said staring at me "You too." I stare him up and down, he dressed somewhat formal with we don't count the air max's that he's wearing. He wore a white shirt with a light blue vest as a layer and light brown khakis. This accentuates his rich dark chocolate skin; it looks like he got a fresh cut as well.

"The waves suit you." I complemented. I knew he was waiting for a complement so I decided to get that out of my way. He thanked me. "Take care of my baby." She looked at Marcus. "You remember I'm 25 right?" he nodded and I sighed and like that we said our goodbyes to my mom.

We walked to the car and he opened the door for me "Mercí" and he walked to the driver's seat. "This is why I don't like to come here." "Why do you say that?" he asked confused. "Well she always finds a way to 'embarrass' me in front of you."

"That's when only I am around, she doesn't do that with other people and you know that." he was right I definitely knew that. I thought that we were going to have dinner at home but I was wrong, he had reserved a table on one of the best restaurants in town. I knew he had connections, one of them being the owner so getting us a table wouldn't be that hard for him to do so.

We got in and the waitress took us to our table, the vibe was just great, the light was consisted of mostly candles and the smell of fresh roses just pleases me in a different way.