Chapter 8 - The Bell Test.

*Flashback*

Thanking him for the food, I put my mask back on before me and Naruto exit the store and head back home in separate directions.

*Flashback Ends*

Hana's POV

Doing my usual morning routine, I exit the house, making sure to wear my mask before leaving and taking a peaceful stroll to the training grounds. Today is the bell test, and it was already 8:30 am the last time I checked the time.

When I reached there, I waved to Naruto before he waved back, grinning at me as per usual. "Ah! Why did Kakashi-sensei have to force us to come so early, but then flake on us to be the last one here?!" Naruto whined, to which I just shrugged in response.

"Huh? What's this Hana-chan?" Naruto asked, looking at the food in front of him.

'Quickly eat up, or you'll have no energy later on,' I wrote down but he shook his head, tempted to dive into the food.

"Thanks, Hana-chan! But what about you?" He says, reaching his hand out for the food.

'I've already eaten breakfast, don't worry about me. Now quickly hurry up and eat.'

He simply just nodded before eating everything.

Walking over to see Sakura staring at Sasuke behind a tree as she leaned her weight on it, I let out a tiny sigh before walking up to her, handing her an apple and origini. "Oh, Hana. What are you doing here- Wait, is this for me?" I nodded. "Thank you, I haven't even had breakfast yet!" She thanked, gratefully. "Oh, and sorry about yesterday at the cherry blossom tree. I didn't mean to make you cry."

I could tell that she felt guilty by her tone as she took the fruit in her hand, and I shook my head, trying to cheer her up.

Walking away from her, I walked up to Sasuke now, handing him some food too, and he didn't even bother to look at it, the only words leaving his mouth were inaudible hums.

'You should eat it up, or you'll have no energy later, especially when you're training.'

All he responded with was more hums, not expressing real words. When is this bish gonna stop humming at me like I'm some dirt on the mere ground?

Before I could walk away, I could hear his stomach growling. I stared at him, but he just looked away from me. "I don't need this. Save it," He said, but his stomach continued to tell me otherwise. I began smirking behind my mask. He awkwardly looked away. "Fine, just this once then."

He then took the food out and began eating it. Mission Accomplished!

I lean next to another tree, closing my eyes deciphering if and how I should change the storyline.

☆☆☆

Hearing Naruto and Sakura yelling at something that Kakashi had replied with blatantly telling us that he was late because 'a black cat crossed his path, so I'll need to take the long way' excuse, I watch the scene unravel.

"Anyway, let's start the training," Kakashi said, pulling out an alarm clock. "So, to pass this test, you'll have to successfully take these bells from me before noon. There are still two hours lef-" Before he could finish his sentence, an impatient Naruto pounced towards him. "I didn't say to start yet."

"It seems like we have some serious competition. I'm starting to like you guys already," Kakashi complimented us.

I looked around for a good spot to hide, along with the rest of them. Other than Naruto, of course. "Start!"

I immediately went into hiding and hid my chakra. Hiding inside the bushes, I could still spot Naruto out in plain sight.

"Alright! You have to fight me fair and square!" Naruto yelled.

"Uh- you're a little weird compared to the others!" Kakashi told Naruto who was currently in his fighting stance.

"The only thing that's weird around here is your wacky hair!"

I watched them fight as Kakashi did the 1000 years of death. I tried following Kakashi in secret, of course. And there was a bunch of clones! He's probably hidden somewhere just to read his perverted book.

I waited for a while before I came across Sasuke. His entire body was under the ground, his head sticking out. It was a terrible hiding place. Trying my hardest not to laugh, I continue to look at his bad hiding place. I'm mute after all, so if I end up laughing right now, they'll find out I'm not mute.

'Need any help?' I wrote in my notebook for Sasuke to read. All he managed to reply with was a slight hum. All he does is hum instead of forming real words!

'If you promise to work with me, I'll help you out,' I wrote down, to which he hummed for the secondth time. Okay, I'm outta here. If he doesn't have the decency to respond to me, I might as well leave, so I just walked away.

Letting out a soft sigh, I walk over to Sakura instead. She was repeating 'Sasuke-Kun' to herself. I gave her a piece of paper that I wrote on.

'Hey, wanna work with me?'

She ignored me to go and talk to Sasuke, leaving me here alone. Rude much?

Heading over to Naruto instead now, I found him. But he's tied up to a tree. I simply use my kunai to cut the ropes to set him free. I hand him the paper I had originally handed to Sakura.

"No thanks, Hana-chan! If I'm going to defend him, I'd rather do it alone," He said, then ran away from me. I sighed again. Looks like I'll have to find Kakashi on my own. Luckily I've thought of a plan; I found three flowers and turned them into bells instead.

I kept walking around, to see Kakashi in front of me. "You really shouldn't be walking around like this, Hana. It might get you killed."

I ignored him. "Hana, honestly, I don't even know your skill level yet. Now I can test if the training you've been getting with Guy has really paid off," He said and I just ran towards him without warning. I decided to use Taijutsu as that's my specialty. I keep on running towards him until I got the chance to finally be near the bells. I used this chance to swap the position of the real bells. Placing the flowers, masked as bells, instead of the original bells, I snatch them successfully. Once I got them, I stopped attacking and quickly hid somewhere to make myself less visible.

"Looks like you can't keep up. I thought you'd be a little more interesting than that." He's trying to make me mad, but it won't work on someone like me. He looked around the vicinity trying to find me, but I didn't come out of my hiding spot and he just walked away.