Alex the Athlete

Story Created: 9/10/21

1:30 P.M. – Malibu University

It was another Friday afternoon at the campus of Malibu University. Alex had just left her basket-weaving class. She wore an orange blouse and a brighter orange skirt.

"Glad that's over," Alex told herself. "Now it's time for a little fun..."

She had a great idea just as her attention shifted to waiting for Sam, Clover, Britney, and the boys.

"Maybe water exercises aren't such a bad idea," Alex told herself again, but she smirked after thinking of Nick.

1:42 P.M. – The Spies' Penthouse

Meanwhile, Britney and Mat were hanging out in the penthouse; Sam had just walked in from her Advanced Physics class. She wore a purple dress of her own; Britney had on a blue tee and shorts. As for Mat, he had on shorts of his own as well, and a white and blue 2003 throwback Motocross shirt that read "Clark 37" on the back, which signified long-time Supercross privateer Ryan Clark.

"At least I'm finished for today," Britney told the others as she got an orange juice for herself.

"Same here," Mat replied. "Sign language got cancelled for me today."

"Lucky you, hon," Sam chuckled as the two shared a kiss.

"I guess Surf-ology's still going on for Clover then," Mat deduced.

Both girls nodded as Nick and Blaine returned from beach volleyball practice.

"Man, you were popping off out there," Blaine laughed. "I didn't know you knew those kinda moves."

"Well, I may have ganked a few of them from Nozomi," Nick admitted. "She was the volleyball master at our old school. I could honestly never beat her if she was my opponent..."

"I guess Mali-U's beach volleyball team has got a dynamic duo then," Mat laughed.

"No doubt, bro," Nick chuckled. "You seen Alex yet?" he then asked.

"I haven't seen her since she left for her basket-weaving class a couple of hours ago," Mat answered.

"Well, no rush," Nick stated, feeling he could go for some lunch.

Sam and Mat ate some lunch together while Mat indulged in another one of his classic Supercross races.

"Sure is a nice day outside otherwise," Blaine told the group. "I don't plan to waste it indoors."

"Truer words have never been spoken, Blaine-y," Clover giggled. "Does anyone wanna hit the beach?"

Everyone stared at Clover as if the answer to that question was obvious.

So, with that, the spies suited up and headed out to the beach, only to find Alex already swimming out in the water, alongside May, who seemed to be trying to imitate a dolphin during her swim.

"Is... is she trying to be a dolphin?" Mat wondered.

"Hey, they are May's favorite animal," Nick quipped. "I'm gonna head on over there."

"H-Hey, wait for us!!" Britney sputtered.

Nick took a running start before diving into the water and swimming as gracefully as he could towards Alex. He was so glad he could actually swim now, thanks to Haruka and her lessons.

Trying his best to surprise her, Nick swam underneath Alex and began to ascend quickly, only for May to dive after him and push him away. May just wiggled her index finger like a certain famous hedgehog before taking off to let Nick chase her down for ruining the surprise.