Epilogue

The wind blew his hair gently in the wind as a Man the age of 21 sat on a stone bench by a water fountain - rose bushes surrounded him as he scribbled in a brown leather bound notebook.

When I was a small boy, my mother told me a story about four royals who fought a god to save the world. She said that it wasn't easy, that they had lost important people and along the way, themselves.

She told me that death was an easy thing, but the hard part was wanting to leave everything you know, behind, to go somewhere you've never been. "Death is easy," she said "it is living that is hard."

My father always smiled at my mother like she was the moon, the sky and the stars that danced in it. When I got old enough to understand love and fall in it myself, I learned why father looked at mother so wonderfully; he was in love.

Years have passed and mother and father have gone as well. All that remains of them, is the memories I've collected of them in my life, the stories that have been written of their adventures and the paintings that my uncle Newt painted of them when they were young and I had just been born.

There was the time father chased me around the rose garden as mother watched happily on the bench by the water fountain, her beautiful blue dress draped gracefully around her as she smiled. My father, already growing tired from chasing me around, stopped and looked at my mother, his smile only growing bigger when he looked at her.

We sacrifice our lives, friendships and love to keep going, but in the end, is it all worth it? In the words of my late father, Thomas Alric Ashford, "We are not what the world defines us as, but what we leave behind as a legacy."

I am Titus Raven Ashford II. Son of Thomas and Y/n Ashford, Ruler of the Snowbrooke and Mare kingdoms, and I am their legacy.

The Song Of The Raven.