Chapter four

⤝⤝⤞⤞

"It was a pleasure, Mr. Dietrich. We-"

Lucius ended the call immediately. He looked over to his left at the man staring at him disappointedly.

"You should be more serious about this."

"I am."

"More polite, Sir."

"Am not." At this, Anzel tipped his head to the side looking expectantly at him with his grey eyebrows raised up, which earned him a sigh. Lucius leaned his arm on the forearm of the car and massaged his temple. The hand quickly came down to his chin as if he had a beard. Lucius promptly opened the door to get out of the blinded, luxurious car and by his side came his most trusted servant who'd gotten out from the other side of the car. Anzel's height was a bit shorter than his and always stood straight. This man had taught him more than his parents ever could at a very young age. He practically raised him. The servant had been with his family the whole time.

"Tell them to follow him. Discreetly. Find out who they are." Anzel gave a short nod. When Lucius was younger, he always compared him to Mr. Monopoly. Even though his hair wasn't as white, they looked pretty much alike. He started walking towards the entrance of the club. Before Anzel followed along, he adjusted the hidden revolver securely under his jacket just in case. The entrance made a dashing first impression. The doors were wide and heavy which could be opened by the two men in black standing right by the entrance. They were made of black marble and looked so clear that you'd believe it was a portal in the darkest of nights. You could easily see your own reflection. Right above was the name of the place. Orcus. Meaning underworld. Hades. The men in front pulled immediately on the golden handles with scale-like patterns and opened the doors for Lucius. As if it were a dragon's or a snake's. The music suddenly flooded their surroundings. The floor, as well as the steps to the door, was made of dark marble too. It was barely evening and yet it seemed as if it was midnight already. The music vibrated through the wall and floor. A woman with a feather dress sat on the lap of a man with a full spike mask. As Lucius gazed to the other side, he saw two men with leather straps clinged on to a man with long braided hair and on the other far corner was a woman in red making out with another girl. The place was flooded with people flaunting exotic outfits, provocative clothes, and masks all over the place. The strippers danced sensually as they sought for the arousal of those in the audience in exchange for quick cash. They did so on stages with poles or hanging from the ceiling on aerial hoops. Men and women on the lounges were getting lap dances. They grinded on each other shamelessly, had hot makeout sessions, and danced. Once you were in the underground, it was like a purge of innocence. The energy here was dark. Otherworldly. It felt forbidden.

Every worker here was professional, had a background check, and was paid almost triple the amount they would get paid at any other club or bar. They'd signed a contract where it was prohibited for them to speak of the things that went around in Orcus. Things that may have involved illegal activities regarding the Dietrich family. As Lucius walked to the second floor of the bar, several people stole glances at him. Both men and women. The place was filled with all kinds of people and the aroma of lust danced through the air with the others. It reeked of sex.

Lucius kept walking with his chin up as he always did. With confidence and a powerful aura surrounding him.

"Boo."

Lucius rolled his eyes and eventually looked at Castor who was seating on the armchair near the VIP area. His booted foot dangled on the side. The redhead had a butterfly knife in his hand which he was playing with. He'd always have a silver ring on his middle finger. Cas had dark green eyes, golden pecks, a line of piercings on his ears, and a nose ring. He was almost as tall as Lucius and also had a nice build which just helped him look better in his all-black outfit. His lashes and hair, which was cut into a mullet, were a darker orange that looked on fire when under the sunlight. Lucius thought how it had been some time since he'd seen the redhead outside in the daylight. Cas lifted the knife into the air and caught it easily again before he kept twirling and doing tricks with one hand. He did so nonchalantly and always held eye contact.