Season 1 ~ Episode 4

Last night Janice came up to me and asked if I wanted to sleep in their apartment again so I did as I did not want to be in the middle of one of Kate and Martin's arguments. I felt really bad as I had slept in there already but she insisted. I apologised to all of The Garvey's for the inconvenience but they just told me that I had no reason to apologise.

This morning I went into my apartment to get dressed into my swimming costume and get my items. But when I got in I saw Kate sitting on the couch by herself, Martin was not with her. She noticed that I was looking at her and she patted the spot next to her, signalling for me to come and sit down. I skeptically sat down beside her.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry for yelling at you the other night. You were just making friends and we were trying to get in the middle of that. I didn't pay attention to the problems you have already been having at home. I should have treated you better. You don't deserve to go through all the arguing. Your already 16 years old and I should have learned to trust you. It is my fault. I am also sorry for the bad apology yesterday, I wasn't in the right state of mind."

"Well, thank you for apologising properly and noticing what you did wrong Aunt Kate. I really appreciate it. I just wanted to be able to be with you and Martin without arguing, not avoiding you. I think I just need a bit of time to forgive you." I replied.

"That's understandable darling. To try and make it up to you, I wanted to know if perhaps you'd like to maybe go out to get some lunch in the afternoon? Just you and me." She mentions.

I think for a second, perhaps it would good bonding for us both. We may be able to get along better.

"I'd like that." I reply, making her give a pleased smile.

"That's great! I'll let you know what time we can leave."

I get ready to go to the pool and find Janice. I walk up to her and she sits up, gesturing for to me sit on the edge of her sun bed.

"You took a while love, you alright?" She asks.

"Yeah. Aunt Kate apologised and offered to take me out to lunch."

"Did you accept?" She asked.

"Yes, i thought it might help us get along more."

I can tell that she looks slightly concerned.

"Don't worry, if something bad happens I'll come straight back."

"Alright love." She looks a bit more relaxed.

I then tell Janice that I'm going to go and find Chantelle. I walk around and finally find her.

"Hey Telle!" I say, she turns around and waves at me.

"Hi (Y/n), how are you?"

"Im doing good, what about you? Is everything going ok with your pregnancy?" I ask.

"It's all going fine. I appreciate the concern you know," She replies, "People around here have just been giving me weird looks. I hate it."

"Of course you would Chantelle, I understand. You're coping really well with it and i just know that you will be a great mother." I tell her, "Trust me."

"Thanks (Y/n)." Chantelle says to me. "So, you got anything planned for today?"

"I'm going out for lunch with my Aunt." I reply and quickly say, "But I'll be fine."