1 - bad coping mechanisms

In the Months you were Gone:

the team slowly falls apart because Bain is seemingly dead. They don't cook, only order out. Most of them throw themselves into their hobbies, their work, (Jacket keeps some rando in his room.)
Locke is trying his best, but the overarching secret is pretty deep and it's hard to find any leads on.
Hoxton starts to mentally blame Bain for everything that's happening, but in reality he's depressed.
They wouldn't have dealt with the Dentist if he wasn't in jail in the first place, there had to have been something he could've done to prevent this! The whole team is feeling sad and anxious, especially those who heard his final message.
(Well everyone except Ethan and Hila because they were only there for a couple weeks before Reservoir Dogs)

They can feel his weak presence lying dormant and that keeps them going...no way he's dead yet. John Wick pulls out his contacts in the criminal underworld to get leads on the case. He told them he'd work with them and he doesn't break his word.
Their Circuit Board bond motivates them...until it downright disintegrates.
There's many piercing screams and silent tears for the man they all knew as their navigator.

They mourn for him. Murkywater finally killed him.
They'll never see him again.

...They might as well have killed them too.

It's almost a full year until they see their navigator again, for the final time.