Chapter 1

Many Years Later...

Akira's POV

"Alright everyone! One last thing before class ends, This week, I'm gonna have you make your family tree and tell us a bit more about yourself and your family! Like your origin story!" Said Miss Maya. She was our school teacher in Mondstat.

The students muttered amongst themselves yet for a moment before the bell rang outside. "Please make sure you have it done by the end of the week!" Was the last thing anyone heard before the schoolhouse door shut and everyone went their separate ways.

"Hey Barbara? What do you know about my Origin story? I mean, I know I was basically adopted by you and your Sister Jean, but... that's all I got." I asked. Barbara and Jean raised me when I was a baby, but I didn't really know a lot about my past.

"Well... I was really young at the time... but Jea- um, Master Jean would probably know! We can go to her office at the Knights headquarters and find out if you want!" Barbara replied with a smile. I nodded and started to follow her. I always knew her as a family member to me. But Barbara was basically my best friend and was always super helpful. She's the best.

We started running past the statue of the God Barbatos in the courtyard in front of the Church when I stopped and looked up at the tall statue. Barbara quickly stopped a little ways in front of me and quickly walked back. "You alright?" She asked. I looked up at the statue and smiled lightly. "I've been tempted to try a new hairstyle... what if I tried that one?" I pointed up to the braids on the Wind God's Statue. "Something new, hm? I mean, if you want to! I think you'd look nice!" She replied, smiling back.

I looked at my hair for a moment. It was long dark blueberry black color with lighter blue tips that went just past my shoulders. "Anyway, cmon! I'll help you with your hair later! In the meantime, let's go!" Barbara said cheerfully as she reached out to take my hand. I took it and we ran over to the headquarters.

Jean's POV

I sat at my desk in slight disgust as I looked at the stacks of paperwork in front of me. I let out a short sigh and rubbed my temples for a moment before turning towards Kaeya, who was standing by the window across the room from me, looking out it.

I was about to say something when he spoke. "Papers being a pain again?" He asked, keeping his gaze out the window. "Yeah... Hillichurl problems as always, an Eye of the Storm out by the temple of the wolf, and a possible Ruin Guard sighting by the forest." I replied, sliding the papers across my desk again.

Kaeya turned and came over to me, picking up a few of the papers, skimming over them. "I'll go get Amber and a few of the other knights and see what we can do about these. Maybe get a little off your plate." He said, handing me back the papers. "Go for it. I don't have any doubts in you guys." I replied. He nodded his head and turned towards my office door. As he was about to grab the handle, the door quickly opened and in ran Akira and my younger sister Barbara.

"O-Oh! Sorry about that Kaeya!" Barbara quickly apologized. "Yeah, sorry Uncle Kaeya... we didn't know you'd be here." Akira said slightly flustered. I and Kaeya have been friends since we were kids. He's known Akira basically forever, so she calls him her Uncle, and also said that, "he's like an Uncle and/or Older Brother to her", which none of us seem to mind.

"No no, it's all fine girls. Just be a little bit slower with doors sometimes, okay?" He replied calmly with a soft smile. "Now if you'll excuse me everyone, I have some monsters to battle." He added before stepping towards the door. "Good luck Kaeya! May the spirit of the Anemo God be with you!" Barbara waved. Kaeya smirked and sent back a wave before shutting the door behind him, leaving only Me and the two girls.

"So what are you two doing here? How was school?" I asked. "It went good, but I have a very important question to ask you..." Akira said, stepping forward. I looked at her for a moment, puzzled, then nodded. "I want to know more about my past. What you do know about me and... ya know."

I went silent for a long moment. I never told her the full story of how we adopted her. And I've never told anyone, except Kaeya, about her having an Anemo Vision when we found her. I've kept it with me until she got old enough to take it on. (Despite Klee, who has a Pyro Vision...)

"Um... Master Jean? Are You okay?" My Sister asked. "You just seemed to blank out for a moment..." She added. "Uh... What is your reason for wanting to know Now exactly?" I asked. "We're doing a family tree history thing at School, and it's part of my "Origin Story", as Miss Maya would like to call it." Akira replied. I pondered it for a moment. I wasn't fully sure she was ready for the truth yet. I let out a short sigh and turned to the window, looking out at what I could see of Mondstat.

Akira's POV

Well that was never good. Whenever Jean turned in her chair with a sigh like that, you know there was something on her mind. She turned back to us and leaned on her desk on her elbows.

"Okay... I'll tell you everything you wanna know tonight. First, I gotta get through some more paperwork here. Meet by the Anemo God statue around Sunset?" Jean asked, looking like she was contemplating something. "That'd be perfect." I agreed.

We all agreed to be by the statue then and Barbara and I left. We left the Headquarters and started walking down the street, to honestly who knows where. We stopped at a bench by the tall statue of the God and studied it for a few moments before I started fiddling with my hair. "Want some help with those Braids?" Barbara asked. I chuckled awkwardly and nodded.

After a few minutes of parting it and braiding the sides, I now had slightly longer Anemo God braids. Which not gonna lie, I was loving. Shortly after, the sun was starting to slowly set and we started keeping an eye out for Jean. "Oh! There she is!" Barbara explained, pointing away from us. As she came closer, I noticed she was carrying a small box with her. She came over to us and sat in between us, looking at the Statue with a faint smile. "Sorry I'm late... things kept coming up, haha." She chuckled. "All good! So... Wha-" "What can I tell you about your past? Well... let me start from the beginning..." Jean interrupted me, but I was perfectly okay with that, because now I was finally going to get at least a few answers.

(A/N) Hello Everyone!
I hope you're all enjoying the Story! I've been meaning to update as much as I can but things keep coming up lol. Anyway, there will be another update hopefully soon and not another long wait, and I can't wait to see what you think! See ya in the next Chapter! Stay Amazing! -Kat