Chapter 15

Evie's P.O.V.

Storming out of Isobelle's office, fuming with anger, I barely noticed a huge build of a man that's currently on his way to where I came from. I bump into his muscular body, and it's a good thing I have good balance control because if not, I'll probably fall off face first on the floor now.

And I don't think that's a good way to make an impression on my mate who is threatening my family business for a crime his mother has committed.

Fuck!

When did my life start to be this complicated?

"What are you doing here?" His forehead creased in confusion, probably wondering why do I need to talk to his mother.

To confront your mom for killing your father, which is by the way you are accusing my father of you little son of a bitch– I wish I could say that exactly on his face, but I can't, at least not yet. If Isobelle thinks that my words are just a threat, lucky for her, I don't do threat. I'll do exactly what I told her.

The only reason why her son is not aware of the shits that's going on is because I care for Henry. Even if he is a blind asshole, I still care for him. He looks up so much to her mother, he respects her, and that is something that I admire about him. I can't destroy that. He lost his father. I don't want him to lost his mother too. That's just cruel.

A finger snaps right in front of my face, pulling me out from the swirling of thoughts inside my head.

Right, where were we again?

"What are you doing here?" He repeats his question.

"I came here to talk to your mom. I told her to tell his son to fuck off." I raise my gaze to meet his green one. The deep emerald green one that can rival the most precious gems in the world.

The side of his lips quirks up at my answer. Glad he found that amusing because I don't think he will be slightly amused if I told him who killed his father.

"Do you really think that using my mother against me would work in your favour?"

Nagkibit balikat ako rito.

"I don't know. There's no harm in trying." I try to walk past him to get to the elevator so that I can get out of this place as soon as possible.

I'm still fuming at her mother, and my wolf feels edgy at the woman. It is scratching me out, wanting to be released. And I can't understand why my animal is acting this way.

However, before I can even take two steps, he catches my wrist. I huff and puff that stray bangs that curtain my face, trying to release the irritation that's building up so fast in my chest.

"I told you, you'll pay my way. There's no other way in this, sweetheart." His voice is taunting, almost mocking.

I pull my wrist harshly as I turn to look at him with narrowed eyes.

"I don't owe you anything, fuck off!"

I spin on my heels and walk to the elevator in long strides. Everything feels suffocating, and my wolf is on edge. I need to take my leave before I end up shifting into my wolf form in the middle of the luxury mall.

I don't think the Creed will appreciate me being in the headline tomorrow with the caption "Werewolf Among Us". The idea sounds cool, but no. That's not a good thing.

Nakahinga lang ako ng maluwag ng tuluyan na akong makalabas ng mall at makasakay sa aking sasakyan. Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko upang kalmahin ang tibok ng dibdib ko.

Something seems wrong with whatever is happening. My wolf is on complete offensive mode a while ago until now. It's not normal because most of the time, my wolf is mundane and unresponsive that I can barely feel it. But now, for some reason, it feels threatened. And I can't explain why that is.

Sumandal ako sa upuan at saka ilang beses humugot ng malalim na hininga. Hinilot ko ang sentido ko. It's not even helping that I feel like a shit since this morning. Damn it!

After a few minutes of trying to calm my senses and controlling my furious animal, I managed to finally get a hold of my emotions to start the car. I need to be somewhere, anywhere away from people. I need to be in the forest or jungle or anywhere where I can connect to nature and soothe my wolf.

I drive my way out and drive without a specific destination in mind. Ailhelm doesn't have a lush forest like Saeree does, so I don't really have an escape.

I'm on the road for almost thirty minutes when my animal starts to growl inside my head, feeling defensive out of nowhere. Kumunot ang noo ko. My wolf felt in distress and threatened, and it won't really act this way unless something is wrong.

On instinct, my eyes turn to my side mirror. Only to frown upon seeing a two black car.

Sa unang tingin ay wala namang mali. We are on a highway, surely there's no reason to feel threatened. Kinabig ko ang manibela sa unang intersection na nakita ko. And as if on cue, the two cars make a turn as well.

Okay? Now that's weird.

I make another turn, praying to the moon that I am just being paranoid. I seriously don't have the energy to deal with all of this right now.

The moon is probably off duty right now because we are in broad daylight, and the two matte black cars are still following me. Tumiim ang mga mata ko.

"That bitch!" I hissed under my teeth. "You want a game? I'll give you a good one!"

Isobelle has probably instructed his mafia looking goons to follow me. Too bad for her. I am not easy to kill.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko ng bumukas ang bintana ng isa sa mga sasakyan, kasunod niyon ay ang sunod sunod na pagtama ng bala sa sasakyan ko. Tinamaan niyon ang side mirror ng sasakyan ko.

"Shit!" Inis na hinampas ko ang manibela. The fucker wants me dead. It's a wrong move for me to take a turn on an empty road. They won't make such bold move on a highway. Thank fucking heaven my car is bulletproof.

This is why my wolf is growling. It can feel that something wrong is going to happen. Naglumikot ang mga mata ko sa paghahanap ng malilikuan. I need to go back to the highway, like asap.

Hinila ko pabukas ang compartment ng sasakyan at saka kinuha ang isa sa mga paborito kong baril doon.

They want to play with guns? They got themselves a playmate. I can shoot their asses even with my eyes close. Saglit na inalis ko ang tingin sa daan at saka tumingin sa rearview mirror, locking the target in my eyes before pushing the window down and putting the end of my gun in it.

I'm a master in turf wars. Did I already mention that before? Well, I do now.

I pull the trigger twice, targeting the front tire of the car. Lumapad ang ngisi ko ng gumewang ang isa sa mga sasakyan patungo sa gilid ng kalsada.

"Take that! Assholes!" Sigaw ko kahit alam kong hindi nila akong naririnig. I wanna flip my middle finger on them too, but both my hands are currently occupied with the gun in the first one and the other on the wheel of my car.

Inilapag ko ang baril sa compartment ng sasakyan at saka muling ipinukos ang atensyon sa harapan. Para lamang matigilan ng makarinig ng isang nakakangilong busina mula sa gilid ko. Agad akong napatingin sa gilid ko kung nasaan ang isang interseksyon.

My eyes widen in fear, and my whole body freezes right in my seat. Light flashes right before my eyes that my survival instinct wasn't even able to kick in. All that I managed to do was let out a small gasp when my small car was thrown meters away from where it is before a colossal construction truck slam on its side at full speed.

Naramdaman ko pa ang ilang beses na paghampas ng katawan ko sa ilang bahagi ng sasakyan. Deafening silence fills my ear in a very uncomfortable way, and at that moment, it felt like everything around me vanish, and I was left alone in complete solitude. 

My wolf lets out a sad whimper inside me, and that's the last thing that registers on my mind before the void eats my consciousness wholly.