epilogue.

"What do you mean (Y/n) fell to the bottom of the building?!" Nico exclaimed. "No one goes down there – don't even know what's down there!"

The three managed to get out of the building and back in front of it. The three kids (Y/n) and Kunikida had fought were tied up and sitting on the front steps of the building. It took everything in Dazai to not go right back in there to find (Y/n), but after the ambush that occurred, that wouldn't have been the smartest move.

"Well it's a pool, because (Y/n) managed to land in it and survived," Kunikida stated, his tone stern. "She must've found something if she's still in there."

"Or something happened to her," Dazai said, his voice grim as he kept his eyes on the door. "Nothing good happens when (Y/n)'s on her own – you of all people know that, Kunikida."

"Last time she was on her own, (Y/n) got the biggest lead in this case." Kunikida gestured to Nico, who paced around, panicking at the various scenarios (Y/n) could be going through. "We have to trust her a bit more—"

Kunikida was cut off when a thunderous boom occurred from the side of the building, dust and other debris flying out. The three immediately sprinted in the direction, finding their shoes sinking into the ground. The ground was soft and every other step they took was in a shallow puddle.

They waved their arms, clearing the dust a bit from their eyes as they neared the source. In the dust were two silhouettes, one helping the other out from the hole.

Dazai widened his eyes as soon as it was clear: (Y/n) was helping Hinami out from the building.

(Y/n) spotted him as well and her eyes lit up. Kunikida rushed over, taking Hinami from her grasp, and allowed her to run to her companion. She leaped slightly, wrapping her arms around his neck as he tightly embraced her.

"Thank the lord you're alright," she said in a quiet tone, keeping him close.

"I'm so glad you're alive," he replied, slightly parting between the two. "Are you hurt?"

"A couple scrapes and bruises, plus a hurt ankle—" She cut herself off as she looked down at her ankle. It was no longer red and swollen but was completely fine – as if nothing had happened to it in the first place. "I'm fine," she restated, looking back to him.

She turned towards Hinami, who was being helped around by Kunikida and Nico. "Just fine."

Kunikida remained at the building to deal with the kids and the police, leaving Nico, (Y/n), Dazai, and Hinami to return to the agency

Kunikida remained at the building to deal with the kids and the police, leaving Nico, (Y/n), Dazai, and Hinami to return to the agency. It didn't take long for Hibiki and Hinami to have a tearful reunion but was soon halted as Yosano began treating Hinami for her various injuries.

(Y/n) stood at the end of Hinami's bed, not leaving for a second as Yosano checked on her and patched her up as much as she could. As soon as Yosano was done, she left the room. Hibiki was fast asleep, tired from the long day and previous long night.