Chapter 12

It's already past 11pm and Pia is still not awake. Kinatakot na ito ni Aly at Den dahil baka kung ano na ang nangyari sa kanya.

Right now they are inside the room waiting for Doc Agno to come back. Nakaupo sila sa sofa habang si Aly gumagamit ng cellphone at ang mga kaibigan naman nila ay tulog. Naglatag nalang sila sa floor. Si Den naman nakahiga din dun sa matress pero hindi makatulog.

Ang mga magulang ni Aly ay naglatag din pero hindi makatulog ang mga nanay. Nagbabasa nalang ng libro si Lita.

Arlene: Den, can I talk to you outside? I just have little things to say.

Den: Sige po mom. Mauna na po kayo, I'll just follow.

Arlene: Sige.

Lumabas na ang nanay ni Den habang siya naman ay nagsusuot ng tsinelas niya at nagsipilyo muna.

After a few minutes, she left. Tinignan lang ni Aly na lumabas si Den and did not say anything.

Den: Ma, bakit po? Anything wrong?

Arlene: Nak, come here sit down. (she was pointing to the chair beside her as a sign na tumabi ito sa kanya) Anak, I know how much you love Aly and Pia so much pero there are things in life na kailangan natin bitawan. I know this is not the right time to tell you this pero it can't hold.

Kinabahan naman si Den dahil parang masama ang balita ng mommy niya.

Den: Mom..what are you trying to say?

Arlene: Hindi na ako magpapadalos pa anak, I'll go straight to the point. Your dad's company offered us a migration to Singapore and we need to answer whether isasama ka ba namin o hindi...Si Jus maiiwan dito since malaki na siya, she can handle herself and she didn't want to leave. Si Mosh naman isasama muna namin, he's too young to be away from us eh ikaw ba, what's your plan? Anak I'm sorry, we left you with no choice..Hindi kami pwede mag no dito dahil big opportunity ito para sa buong pamilya natin. Anak we need your answer, yes or no?

Natahimik naman si Den. Like as if she was trying to collect the guts of how she wanted to tell her mom her answer.

Den: Ma... Mahirap sabihin yung decision ko. Tandaan mo mommy mahal ko kayo ni Daddy, pero I can't leave my life here in Manila just like this..I'm at the top of my career now, I have found my life and happiness at si Pia at Aly yun, hindi ko sila kayang iwanan and especially at times like this, Aly needs someone to be with. I'm sorry Ma, I hope you understand.

Arlene: we understand your decision Den..Expected na rin naman eh na ito yung sagot mo, we know how much you love the two of them and that fact itself is enough to prove why you don't want to leave. May tiwala rin kami kay Aly and sa family niya na aalagaan ka nila, the way we see it they love you like you are a Valdez too..Soon baby, soon... Alagaan mo si Jus ha? We know she's a big girl but at times that she needs family, anak please be there for her.

Den: Thank you Ma. Yes, i'll be the Ate that Jus needs...I love you...

Arlene: I love you baby... Sige na bago pa tayo magiyakan dito, let's go inside. I'm sure hinahanap ka na ni Aly, but wait..one more thing.

Den: what's that Ma? Any news?

Arlene: I just wanted to tell you that you are a strong willed woman, kayo ni Aly and alam kong pagdadaanan niyo lahat ng ito successfully..Mag tiwala lang kayo sa Kanya. He will do it for you, Siya ang bahala...

Den: (smiles) thanks Ma.

They went inside the room. Den caught Aly beside Pia's bed since wala din yung parents nila na nasa cafeteria kumakain.

Arlene: Den, I'll just follow them sa cafeteria ah. May papabili ba kayo?

Den: Nothing.

Matipid niyang sagot. Hindi niya muna nilapitan si Aly dahil alam niyang she's taking the moment to talk to Pia.

She heard Alyssa talking to Pia.

Aly: (while holding Pia's hand and caressing her hair) Hey princess, I know you're just taking a good rest just so you won't be tired...it's been a long operation for you and I'm sure it hurts. Remember you promised me that we'll be together forever? I know there is no forever but Pi, it's... (Alyssa then started crying) i-i-it's too early to le-leave. I need you in my life sweet pea, my darling, please stay in my life. I know you're a strong girl and you can fight a good fight. You are actually my inspiration of being happy and strong, you are a good example of a strong-willed girl. Babe please don't leave us... Promise me you'll wake up? I won't give you any specific time but just promise me you'll (she wipes her tear) wake up!

Hindi na kinaya ni Den, nilapitan na talaga niya si Aly dahil sa sobrang awa niya dito.

Den: (holds Aly's hand) She's going to wake up babe, I promise..trust me on this, okay? Doctor ata tong girlfriend mo valdez..She'll be alright in no time.

Aly forced a weak smile and kissed her on the forehead. Den didn't say a word but instead just hugged her tightly.