chapter sixteen (new chapter!)

Teddy watched Venus from the dining table, getting mad at lily and albus who were teasing her about something.

"I'll strangle you two." He heard the brunette trying to scare away the kids but it only fuelled their laughter.

Someone pulled the chair next to him and Teddy turned his head around to find theodore sitting besides him.

"Hello Mr.Nott." Teddy smiled politely.

"Hello teddy. How have you been doing?" Theodore returned the smile.

"Pretty good except Venus has been giving me headaches lately." Teddy honestly answered.

"Aw, no, what did she do?" Theodore chuckled lightly as he casted his mind back to their banters.

"She's so clumsy. I hope you don't hex me after this─" Teddy chuckled nervously,"But she never ever checks upon herself. She's a mess honestly. I mean it feels like she doesn't gives a damn about herself but everyone else."

"Gets that from her mother i guess. So I can't probably do anything." Theodore faintly smiled.

"Aurelia?" Teddy said, turning to face Theodore properly,"How was she? No one ever told me anything about her. Venus herself hates talking about Aurelia because she ends up crying."

Theodore looked down at his hands resting on the table before setting his eyes back on Teddy,"Aurelia, to be precise was very brave. Though she wasn't like Venus I assure you. Venus is loud, stubborn, a real chatterbox─" Teddy tried to hide his snort but failed miserably,"But just like her mother, she always puts her family first before herself."

"I wanna ask something as well." Teddy blurted out causing theodore to raise his eyebrows,"It might be a little intimate though."

"Alright, go on." Theodore encouraged him to ask the question.

"Er.  .  ." Teddy wasn't sure on how to ask the question but he was really curious to get an answer,"How did you realize that you're in love with aurelia? Oh no, I don't know why I asked this─"

"It's fine, relax." Theodore put his hands on Teddy shoulders to calm the latter down,"No one like ever asked me about it and honestly speaking I don't have an answer. She kinda annoyed me in the start but I don't know why it didn't bother me further enough. I genuinely enjoyed spending my time with her. I felt really happy and loved and accepted whenever she would smile at me."

"DAD!" Venus screamed, startling Teddy who whipped his head around to find the youngest nott circling around the dining table with a grinning james behind her.

"What's wrong?" Theodore frowned, trying to stop Venus who just kept running around,"Venus?"

"Dad, James' throwing water at me!" She complained, accidentally bumping into ginny who was carrying a bowl of cookies but by the grace of god, she regained her lost balance.