The First Light

In the beginning of creation, there was nothingness and void. Within the void, there became darkness - and for The Void, Darkness was good. 

  As more came into being, The Void shared all of creation beneath the cloak of Darkness. It was the unknown that kept Creation in line, for how could anything want more of, or resist against a power they were ignorant towards? Void kept Creation blind with Darkness, and ruled through the blackness of night.

Out of Creation, sparked life and to balance out with the Darkness came Light. In the glow, Creation saw that they were not alone. The Light was beloved - It warmed the cool, cruel realm; exposing it's beauty and awakening courage, born from the fear of the Darkness. To finally know what had been lurking within it all along made Creation free, and inspired hope in the hearts of those that had been blind for too long. Creation began to rise above the shroud of Darkness, demanding more from Life. - Thus, giving way to Void's power, for the more that Creation made, the less he became.

Light had lifted the veil, and ruined Void's plans - their power was dwindling in comparison to the Light, and Darkness was being erased. Out of jealousy towards this new being, the Void and Darkness took what they could of the Light and the Life that was no longer ignorant towards it's great power. They cursed the two, binding the precious Life to the inferno of Light, and cast it out! Far from all of Creation with the expectation that the Light wouldn't survive as it drifted into Void's emptiness, his power would resume as the nothingness did. 

New life grew among Creation, having no knowledge of the Light or all its splendor - all the while, Darkness and Void knew that the power of Light was the only thing that could blot out the power of Darkness, and cause an imbalance to Void once again. 

Little did they know, the Light that had been born was eternal. Regardless of how far it drifted - Darkness knew it would never be whole again, and even Void felt less empty. Not only was that a power for the Elder Gods to reckon with, but the courage had already been planted into the heart of what they threw away, and their hope was relentless in keeping it alive. Creation was set in motion, try all they might - Light was going nowhere. 

The two drifted in space, burning for several millennia. Life would die and Light would make it reborn, rising and falling like a phoenix - growing stronger each time. It was the agony of all the burning and rebirth, a cycle necessary to forge something strong enough to avenge the innocent souls that Void and Darkness had discarded. Life sacrifices itself one last time, and behold a GODDESS was born of Light; firey and ruthless, forged by Light's flames through the will and power of Courage and Hope. 

  As the Goddess merges into a body of her own, her eyes look off into the distant abyss and she is able to see all of the souls that lay trapped within Void's grasp. So many colors - Life, just as beautiful and precious as what was sacrificed for her. 

   Tears began to stream down the Goddess's face, able to feel the sorrow in grief now that she had something of a heart, and it broke it to see so many in oppression. The Goddess became angry that the Life she knew while drifting was no longer with her. 

  She blamed Darkness and Void for the death of something so beautiful; had they the capacity to just share Creation - Life wouldn't have had to die. With her fire raging now, fueled by emotion she shot across the sky at the Speed of Light, heading towards Void and Darkness's Creation. 

Darkness cannot help but to kneel in the presence of Light, his powers cannot stand while she is near. It leaves the Void vulnerable and open to her, as well as exposes Life in Creation once more to the awe - not only of Life - but the splendor of Light and Color. 

As a means for vengeance, the Goddess releases her flames onto the realm, creating a massive explosion that sends Creation spinning out into great heaps of burning mass! Fast and far out into the abyss, filling Void's empty spaces and casting him out well beyond the Cosmos. Leaving him alone with his emptiness. 

The first of many stars and realms were born due to the Goddess's rage, and only because Darkness submits to her power did they agree to equally look after the realms in a space created and managed by Time. 

  This was not peace however. Void still lurks with a jealous, violent gaze at all that once was his. With a greedy grasp he reaches through the shroud of night, attempting to steal back the souls that were lost from him so long ago. The Goddess of Light knows of his plot, and has vowed to venture out every night when Darkness falls over Creation in order to protect the lost souls, risking even her own.

  Until dawn, the Goddess fights for the weak and the hopeless - anything the Void might prey on. She brings Courage to the wary and Light to the lost. An absolute beacon of Hope for those that need it most. Vowing to never again let the Darkness torment an innocent soul, or at the very least, never let them wander alone.

               This is The Beginning.