Life's For The Living

It was a usually boring day in the life of me, Hazel. Everyday was the same for the last 18 years of this worthless life. Each day passing, over and over again, an endless repeat. It has been 18 years, 6570 days, and nothing. I longed for a life where I could wake up each day be excited to begin in the morning, yet each day that ticked away drew me closer and closer to falling off the edge of sanity. As hard as I pushed towards my dreams, it always seemed I fell back on my arse.

This year would be different. Everyday would start something new. No longer would I sit around wasting away. Promises i'd made to myself would not be broken, it would be th-"HAZZA!" My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my mother shouting my nickname. I threw on sweatpants, a Passenger tour tee, and my raccoon slippers. Running down the stairs, I threw my curly brown hair into a messy bun.

"Grammy and Pop-Pop are here to see you." my mother spoke quietly as I rushed past her. My eyes were a lit with happiness because I hadn't seen them since my Pop-Pop was released from the hospital. My Dad gave me a look for what I was wearing, and it confused me. "It's our family, I don't need to look nice." He laughed in a way that made me think something else was going on.

Shrugging off the feeling a heard a familiar knock come from the door. As my face burst into a smile, I swung open the door to reveal my grandparents. Engulfing them in a hug, I saw their car parked across the street which was normal, but there was another figure inside of the car, and I had no idea who it was.

There was a glare on the car, as the sun hit the back seat window, making it absolutely impossible for me to see who was in side the car. I pushed it aside and let my grandparents inside, but I gave the car one last look. Shutting the door I sighed, and figured I was going insane.

While talking to my grandparents, my phone buzzed with a twitter notification from Ed Sheeran. He had said, "Isn't it funny when people don't realise you're sat next to them? haha. bass." I rolled my eyes at his usual confusing message and put away my phone. When my family began to discuss my future, I zoned out because they never understood that I wanted to become a musician.

After a few minutes, I was dragged back into the conversation when I heard my name. "Hazza could you please get the door a heard a knock." my mother asked. I sighed relieved to get away for a minute, and walked to the door.

My hand froze over the doorknob when I heard a deep male voice humming "Guiding Light" by Foy Vance one of my favourite songs. Eager to see who this person was, I swung open the door to reveal the one and only Ed Sheeran.