Distant

Type: Fluff?

Topic: Confession

Extra notes: This takes place when Emma and the others are still at the shelter B06-32, but after they meet the Goldy Pond kids

Enjoy :D

Mah first fanfic chapter :)))

She was going to do it.

She really was about to do it!

She was going to confess her crush to Ray.

Emma cautiously stood in front of the door of the library, where Ray was currently reading. 

She whipped her head around, where Gilda, Anna and Gillian hid behind the wall, peaking so that you could only see their heads, giving Emma thumbs up. Gillian grinned, pumping her fists in the air, while Anna gave Emma an encouraging smile. Gilda mouthed a 'You got this girl!' as Emma bit down on her lip nervously, unable to return the same enthusiasm.

She couldn't really blame them, though, as they'd been trying to get her to do this for two weeks straight, ever since they discovered Emma's feelings for Ray.

Emma slowly stretched her hand out, about to twist the door knob, taking a deep breath, trying to calm the butterflies that were doing backflips and twirls in her stomach.

Beads of sweat slid down her forehead, and she felt her breathing get heavier and heavier. 

And so, just before she opened the door, she immediately ran back to her friends, embarrassed.

"I-I can't." Emma groaned, burying her face in her hands as Anna comfortingly hugged Emma. 

"Hey, it's okay. Maybe tomorrow!" Gillian said cheerfully. "We can make pins instead, it always helps me relieve my anxieties and stress." 

Emma gave a small smile to her three friends in front of her, thankful for them as she nodded in agreement. 

~~

Gilda sighed. Although she understood Emma's worries about the whole confession, it was getting slightly exhausting.

Over the next month, she noticed that her friend had begun to distance herself more and more from Ray.

If Ray entered the room, Emma would quickly wrap up a conversation with the person she'd be talking to and find an excuse to rush out of the room. 

If Ray tried to sit next to Emma when they were researching or even during meal time, Emma would excuse herself, then settle down somewhere else. 

Poor Ray had no idea why Emma had been avoiding him. 

"Is there something that you know that I don't?" Ray questioned Gilda as he moved next to her to help wash the dishes on day 32 of Emma avoiding Ray. 

"Uh, what are you talking about?" Gilda lied, already knowing what Ray was trying to pry out of her.

Ray let out a sigh. Not the frustrated sigh or the annoyed sigh, but more of one that sounded so lost.

"Emma. She's been avoiding me like the plague. D-did I do something wrong?" Ray asked, and Gilda saw him pout. 

"She has her reasons...though, I have to agree, it's getting a bit extreme." Gilda admitted.

"Can't you tell me why?"

"Emma will tell you soon enough."

"Really?" Ray asked, startled as he stopped washing the dishes.