Should I Quit?

"Well, what are you doing standing there?" a voice woke her out of her dream. 

"Ouh, please make it a dream" Jihee begged silently before turning her eyes to the chair provided for her in the middle of the room. 

3 male and 2 woman was sitting at the long table waiting for her feet to move. But it felt like its dragging ! 

Her eyes trailed to Jungkook. He stopped staring at her as she sat, but is now going through her files. Jihee bet he's stalking her past life. Not that she can get furious over it, she left.

He has every right to question her.

There are millions of corporate business in this city. She couldn't help but to wonder why her luck chose this place. Ouh good lord. 

She should've done a background check before applying for it but thinking back, How could she, when this one bald assistance from Sea emailed her on LinkedIn 

"Candidate 7306, why you choose to apply at our company?" a bald man spoke up, her eyes balled out like its some hilarious question. 

"Haha, you! you were the one who emailed me bald con-employerr" 

Plastering a fake smile, Jihee answered with more confidence. She's not running away. If she failed this time, she have to make sure that she failed astoundingly. 

"Because I see this opportunity as a way to contribute to an exciting, forward-thinking industry together with the Seas Company , and I feel I can do so with my soft skills. My negotiation skills are particularly well-suited to this position"

Jungkook gritted his fist. He was furious looking at her being so fine after leaving. He couldn't reason as to why she left. He was more than nice, he followed her like a dumb puppy everywhere, and not like he disobey her or anything.

The room began to ask her the same question he had heard for the past hour. Their past education, transportation ability to work, Yes. he had enough watching her so composed in answering the jury questions that he shut the file close. 

"Alright leave. Everyone." 

"No" Jihee's head who's hanging low looked up directly at his eyes. 

"Excuse me?" He raised his eyebrow. For the first time in eight years she had heard his raspy voice. Still with a hint of honey yet she could taste the poison in it.

Jungkook asked her again " Are you trying to teach me how to handle my own employee?" 

Jihee then looked at him deeper. Her voice stern yet collected "No, I am trying to teach you to be professional." 

Jungkook could feel all the other workers staring at him. He knew they were questioning their relationships and this moment as much as he hate it, he had to agree with Jihee, being professional is the tip he need to be a leader.

"Alright you're hired." He spoke nonchalantly. The bald assistance asked in shook "B-but sir, how about the other candi-"

He sat back on his chair sighing " Done. we already have the worker we want. You can fill the other two position with the best worker we had for interview just now."

"I suggest we interview all of them." Jihee interferes. " It's not fair that other candidates came with great distance and preparations for you to dismiss them with no notice." 

Jungkook nodded. "Okay then, we will take a  short break. I will interview the rest after I deal with this." He ended his sentence staring at her. 

The other jury left the room leaving the two childhood frenemy to a ring of quarrel. 

The air was tense. Jungkook waited everyone to leave and walk infront of the table to close the distance they have. 

"I'm not going to fight today," she quickly muttered under her breath. His eyes trailed to her pencil skirt to her long legs- wait back up. "god", he sighed. She did grew beautifully. Her curves ended gorgeously at every part. 

Her black hair fell right below her collarbone making its way down the breast. Swinging delicately as she moves. 

He's mad at her, there is no way he will be throwing tantrum like a child he was once before. 

"Me too" he muttered silently. His eyes blurred with tears. How can he love someone so much that hating her makes it equal? He couldn't understand, mathematically the feeling would be canceled out. Theoretically, he would feel nothing of her.

but that was love, He loved her. Realising the need to be with her was long enough to understand. He kept saying that he searched for her to ask her the reason she left but all he need is to see her. Just to see her for a moment.

"You don't have to come tommorow, I'll fill your position with someone else" as he walk to the door. 

Standing up, Jihee's eyebrow furrowed. "Is this a joke? wait how am I, what-, " she fumbled to collect her words "B-but I, how could you give me hope and then just leave like that ?! How- immatured !"

His hand gripped the handle causing the vein of his hands to pop out. 

Gritting his teeth, he growls " Look at the god damn mirror Kim Jihee."

__________________________________________________

Hey LOveliess,, <3 

I left before covid was a thing, and I came back when covid has resided to normal. I just got my vaccine jab here at the nearest university near my home and more than four times suspected covid, no worries lovelies, i came back all (-ve) :'(

Im Pfizer team, how bout you guys ??