My Girlfriend is Too Beautiful

Story by: moonjeong

Today the library seems peaceful just like the other day. There's nothing interesting inside this old but neat room for sure, students hate to go there unless there is a task from teacher which is kinda forcing them to go and sit there for hours even just to finish a paper.

Except for today.

The library feels a bit cramped a while ago not because of the task given by teachers but because of someone's presence. This young girl is getting used to this attention she has been getting from other students; she has learned to not really pay attention to them. Well, thankfully they give her a room to breathe.

Jimin Yu is the girl's name. She just moved in to this school on her second year and is getting popular immediately because of her beautiful face. Not only her face is pretty, but also has a warm personality that everyone likes.

"This is crazy." the red-haired girl named Ning whispers as she nudged the hand of the girl who sits next to her.

"I know right. I think all this guys have a crush on Jimin. I know they don't really go to library but suddenly they all are here whenever there is Jimin." The brown-haired girl answers as she rolls her eyes.

"What's with the pout, Aeri?" Jimin just came back from the bookshelf after finding the science book she wants to read. She sits across her two friends.

"These guys are crazy! How could you stand them? You should say something." For the nth time, Aeri rolls her eyes.

Jimin slightly smiles, "As long as they keep their distance and know their limit, it's fine."

"You are so nice. Too nice actually." Aeri sighs and then looks around the room.

Aeri's eyes land on a student who sits at the corner, away from the crowd. The girl wears a neat navy blue vest, her long hair gets braided on each side which suits her face. She is sitting peacefully on her chair while adjusting her glasses. The girl looks so serious at reading whatever book she is currently reading and doesn't seem to get bothered with the unusual situation in the library.

"Oh, Minjeong is here." Aeri whispers without averting her gaze off the student called Minjeong.

Jimin looks up and immediately finds the said figure. Funny, Jimin doesn't want to divert her attention from the serious girl just yet. It seems like Minjeong is more interesting than the book she is purposely reading.

"Does she have any friends? I barely see her talking to anyone though." Ning opens her mouth as she wonders, eyes are also on Minjeong.

Jimin quickly turns to look at Ning. Her face shows curiosity.

"So she is always by herself?" Jimin asks.

Ning turns to Jimin and quickly nods.

"Maybe she feels more comfortable being alone."

Seems like something fills her head as she looks confused. She turns to Minjeong again but quickly gets shocked when the guys who have been following her asking Minjeong to leave. They surround the lonely girl and shoo her away. Without trying to talk back, Minjeong grabs the book as she stands. When she is about to walk away, her eyes immediately meet with the calming ones belonged to Jimin Yu. It was only fot a few seconds before Minjeong breaks it and leaves the room.

"Wow nasty boys." Aeri clicks her tongue as she has seen what just happened to Minjeong.

"Ew look at those guys who keep looking this way. I hate them bullies." Ning looks away.