𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

Chapter three: Bookshelves

Waking up, breakfast with the boys, classes, then homework and hanging out with Regulus while people in the hallways dead-glared him out of jealousy. During the past week, becoming friends with the group of Slytherins I met on my first day at Hogwarts was hard. All of them were cold and quiet, except for Evan of course, who was flirting with me half of the time like most of 5th, 6th, and 7th graders in the halls. I have to admit it's fun.

I've always been a normal girl living in a normal world with normal people doing normal people stuff in their normal lives. Change was nice and pleasant, especially with Sirius trying to get to me in every chance he got. Regulus and the others are still trying to figure out why isn't he being the annoying fuck he usually is with Slytherins.

Recent theories, made by Severus who happens to be the smartest, say that it's just because I'm new. Evan says it's because I'm special and that honestly just sounds like another pick-up line he'd use on me daily. Whatever it was, it was amusing. Regulus says that this week, Sirius has been spending more time around him than any other year in this castle. The times that he and his friends pranked him didn't count, of course.

I don't know what broke their relationship so much, they hated each other. Sirius was mean to Regulus, Regulus was meaner, then Sirius crossed the line and brought up personal topics that went too far, Regulus held more and more resentment towards him. Everything repeated throughout the week. I'm not able to understand what can be so serious to break a relationship like that.

I didn't have any siblings and sometimes in my life, I wished I had someone to share special moments with. And with how talkative Regulus is, I do not think I'll be finding out soon the reason why he doesn't have a brother.

"Can we go now?" "We are not finished Evan," Snape said, writing in the parchment we were using "Not even close, and you not helping won't get us out of here faster" I added. Now, Evan, Severus, and I were sitting in the library making a potions essay professor Slughorn assigned for Monday. Evan wanted to make it tomorrow, so we could go to Hogsmeade in the afternoon today but Sev and I insisted on making it before going, just to have everything ready for class.

"Let's just do it on Sunday, or when we're back from Hogsmeade, easy" "No" Severus and I replied in unison. The essay was on Moonstone and its uses in potions, which was an easy topic considering how much you could find about it in the library. I looked around the table, noticing something: My new school friends look like they've been through a mangler but they know how to tell the other fuckers to get lost.

They were legends in their little world. It was like watching Bambi pull out his own rifle and shoot the hunter where it counted every time they encountered someone that, to their likings, was annoying and stupid. "Becca, can you go look for this... 'book of potions'? By Zygmunt Budge" said Severus, raising his view at me "Yeah sure, how's it called?" "Book of potions, by Zygmunt Budge" he repeated "The name, Sevy" I teased, gently leaning over the table in his direction, making Evan whisper under his breath a small 'bloody hell' while throwing his head back, making me giggle.

"Don't call me that, Smith. That's the name of the book; 'Book of potions'... Creative bloke I see" he clarified, saying that last part more to himself than to us "I'll be back. Don't let him go" I smiled, pointing at Evan who smirked back, making Severus roll his eyes at both of us. I began walking away from the table to the maze of ink that displayed before me. The old library is as vibrant as ever, the spaces taken up by books have comfortable seating, places to read in peace. The librarian is there to offer advice and ensure that it is a serene community space one can focus in and relax.