meeting you with the perfection in your flaws

"miss y/n!"

— comes the bellowing voice of the woman behind the ornate wooden desk, calling for you in a whim of apprehension. you turn around to face her and consecutively, your hair slides above your forehead, covering a part of your eyes; but you don't bother, you don't tuck it behind your ears like you normally would, "yes?"

"It's out of your official schedule, but you have an appointment during the lunch hours," she informs.

"lunch hours?"

she haphazardly goes through her pile of papers, whimsically looking for a particular encrypted parchment; you watch her as she mutters a 'please wait' and scrambles through the envelopes on her chair- till you see her grab a piece which wasn't paper.

she brings up a silver-accentuated piece of clothe to you, its surface embroidered in flowers and a letter you knew all too well. "sir asked me to tell you to meet him during the lunch hours," she says, handing you the handkerchief that slithers like silk into your palm.

despite you knowing who it was like the other side of your palm, you still ask, "who was it?"

"designer mitsuya takashi."

you nod to her as a sign of approval, thanking her before you stride off to his workplace, at the very end of the hallway and preferably the largest room in the complex.

you'd have never imagined it, never imagined your rather exorbitant heels to click against the tiled floor as you walk in a rather expensive dress garnishing your figure. you'd never have imagined the boyish mitsuya you'd known forever to knock on your door after years you'd lost count of- his lilac hair grown further his neck, his slender figure wearing a priceless suit that complemented his similarly lavish business card.

you wanted to cry, you wanted to hug him and ask him why; why did he leave without saying anything? why did he leave after he told you he liked you? why wasn't he there? or where even was he? you wanted to jump into his arms the moment you saw him, tell him that you've missed him so much while he wasn't there, tell him that you liked him, no, you loved him back, tell him to never leave again because it really hurt to have a part of your life gone and detached from you. but, you do none; you shut the door right to his face and hear him exclaim behind the doors.

"ah, y/n!"

he rang the doorbell another few times, promptly giving up when you showed no signs of mercy. you'd thought he left when you open the door again, with a sea of tears in your eyes- but there he was, with his kind eyes and serene smile and waving at you as if he'd done nothing.

you broke down right then and there when mitsuya takashi, apologetic as ever, pulls you into him, softly cradling your head and whispering sweet nothings into your ear. you try to push him away, punch him with all your remaining strength, tell him to get away and that you didn't want to see him after all this time- but he only holds you closer, his lips right beside your ears as he mumbles, "I'm sorry y/n."

you guessed you never had it in you to be mad at him, never intended to push him away when he's so deliberately calling out for you- so you couldn't really blame yourself when you slumped onto him, simply crying your heart out. your get out's turned into don't leave's and your I don't want to see you turned into why didn't you come sooner?

you guessed love was as persistent as ever.

"work with me, y/n," he says, offering you his business card from the other side of the table. "work with me and use me to get to your dreams."