22.| Megan

♡︎Emerson♡︎

I wait outside in front of the school for Ivor's Jeep. When it pulls up, he wastes no more time than he absolutely needs to and walks over intentionally and painfully slow. "Hurry up." I say.

He rolls his eyes and starts to walk slightly faster meeting me much longer than he should've in the middle. When he makes it over to me, he lays both hands onto my cheeks and connects his lips to mine.

"How long have you been here?" His lips mumble against mine.

"I needed to set up." I smile. He likes to make fun of me for coming in early and setting up the cones and anything else we are going to need for that practice. He, obviously, laughs at me.

Once we make it into the building, I grab a ball and throw it to his chest. He catches it with his un-human-like reflexes and then checks it back to me.

"Horse?" We both speak at the same time. He smirks and then gestures to me with his hand, telling me to go ahead and shoot first.

I obviously make my shot and he rebounds my ball, walking over to me and shooting from where I stood. Missed by about the size of Oliver's house. This bitch. I laughed at him. Very loudly. Probably too loudly.

He smiles, "Mm mn, not getting away with that, volpe."
(Vixen.)

In a flash I'm thrown over his shoulder and he's running and spinning. Guarding my knee with one hand, he stops the running and freaking twirls.

"Am I interrupting something children?" I hear the familiar voice of Henry Brown laugh from across the gym.

"Yes." I say, looking him dead in the eyes from over Iv's shoulder.

"This view is amazing by the way." Iv says and I feel what I'm pretty sure is his hand on my ass. I'm not complaining.

"I saw some of the girls on their ways in." Coach B says.

"Oh um Harper won't be here tonight." I tell him. Her dad is taking her to the beach for the week. She'll be back in a few days, though.

✈︎_ _ _ _ _ _ _

For some reason tonight the team was not paying attention. I don't know if it's because of the upcoming Homecoming game everyone is talking about or if they are all hanging out together after this but they are being so rude.

Coach B starts to say something, trying to explain to them an easy thing we've been doing but for some reason it's just not clicking with them right now; they all talk over him.

Some even have their back turned to him.

Nope. He does way too much for them to treat him like this. I have a damn whistle for a damn reason.

I blow my whistle, confusing both Coach B and Ivor. The girls shut up and turn around to face me now. I clap, "Alright."

Coach throws a ball to my extended hand, "How many of you actually heard what Coach Brown here just said?"

They all look around and at the ceiling avoiding eye contact with me. "I love when people do the eye contact thing. I can still see you, you know. You didn't disappear now that your eyes aren't on me."

One brave pick of the litter makes eye contact with me. "Monica," I check the ball to her, "What was Coach Brown just explaining to you?"

"I don't know." She whispered.

"And why not?"

"I wasn't listening."

"Five laps! All of you."