Chapter 4

Dont be a silent reader 

Lani's pov 

     I woke up the next morning in my bed, I instantly started sobbing, 'it didn't work no no it didn't work' I thought to myself while balling my eyes out. I got up with only five minutes to get ready not really caring. I ended up not doing my hair only putting it in a quick bun. Looking in the mirror in digust seeing my bloodshot red eyes, and red circles around them.

Lani's outfit 

I made my way downstairs Dad was doing football stuff on his tablet, Liv and Jordan eating and mom on her computer

I made my way downstairs Dad was doing football stuff on his tablet, Liv and Jordan eating and mom on her computer. I went to the fridge grabbing water trying to avoid conversation with anyone. 

"Morning Lani" Liv and mom said at the same time. 

"Morning" I said in a rough and hoarse voice. 

"Morning" dad said. I just did a hand gesture to acknowledge him. 

"Does your mouth not work?" Dad asked.

"Morning" I said which was a surprise to him because I would normally get smart with him. 

"You okay Lani?" Jordan asked

I simply grabbed my things and headed to school. 

After school

After school there is a a football game so cheer practice was manditory. 

"Lani, why are you late!" coach said loud enough for the football players to hear as they turned and look at me. 

"Im sorry I had to talk to a teacher" I said lying in reality I was slugishly walking the whole way to practice. 

"It's ok, are you ok you don't look so good" She asked looking at me concerned moving closer grabbing my face analyzing it. 

I had on a cropped crop top with nike pros so you could see my exposed pale body. 

"Im fine" I whispered.

"Your gonna sit out of practice but you'll still be with us durning the game ok" She said. 

I walked very slowly to the bench and watched as practice went on. Feeling nausiated I put my elbows on my knees facing the ground rubbing my neck. 

Jordans Pov

The team was going over the plan in a huddle with my dad who I didn't wanna be near at the moment. I suddenly heard...

"Lani, why are you late!?" from the cheer coach. 

We all turned to see my sister looking pale and out of it talking to he coach. Me and my dad watched as she grabbed her face which I couldnt see all the way, analyzing her like something was wrong. 

"Dad, I think something's wrong with Alani" I said grabbing his attention. 

My dad looked over again to see what I saw,  Alani was walking concerningly slow to the bench.