Everybody deserves a second chance just like new beginnings

- So what? That doesn't change anything Jake.

- You know that it's hard for me to explain myself and my feelings but I'm really trying this time. I don't wanna lose you, I wanna solve this and I wanna try for real. I don't want to hide anything or say that I care and change my mind in the next day.

- And how am I supposed to believe in that?

- You have to trust me, I'm being honest. Let's try just one last time, this time it's gonna work.

- If you're saying that just to have me back into your life and then do shitty things to hurt me again I swear I'll never speak to you again. Also, if you want to try again, now I'm the one that wants to take things slow and needs time to trust in you and your actions again.

- I'll make it up to you for all the bad things I did, you'll see. In the meantime, I thought we could talk about our vacations since we didn't talk and spent time away, I have things to tell you.

Me and Jake spent hours in my front porch talking about our vacations and what happened in them. When I looked at my phone was already 1am and Kayla made sure to text me a lot of times during to evening to know that everything was ok.

When I went to bed and laid in it, I reviewed that moment that we had outside. Jake opening up to me about his feelings knowing that the possibility of me not wanting to take him back again was a big one, was a new thing to me, I've never seen him doing that. He used to text me when we had a fight but he didn't talk about our fight or what he felt about it, it just put the situation under the rug and moved on and now he didn't. Maybe he was for real this time, I guess only time can tell that.

•••

8th November 2021

Two months flied away and things were actually heading a good way. I was doing fine and me and Jake were also doing great, something I never thought I would say, I guess he was for real after all. I can't say we're official because we're not but we're getting there, our group knows and other people near us know too and that's all we need right now.

University started in October, a new step into all of our lives. We made the decision to move in together, me and girls and Jake and the boys. It's actually a very funny thing because we all live in the same building, our apartment is in front or theirs apartment it looks like a friends things to be honest and I love it. We're always hanging out together and having dinners and chilling in each other's houses, it's like Stors becoming our house. The not-so-great part was telling Rylee when we finally made the decision to move in together, she didn't react well and me and my mom already know she was gonna have that type of reaction, first she was in denial, then she tried to convince me not to move out and then she finally and understood and cried in my legs but me saying that she could have my room while I was gone was a very helpful decision, she will adjust to changes and she will be fine, I teached her well.

•••

University was being a new chapter into all of our lives or for most of us, at least. Jake and Liam were still going to some sort of gap year, they are gonna work and try to go to college next year and Everleigh is gonna do the same. For the rest of us university is a new thing and I'd have to say, for me, it's actually doing great. We obviously have a lot more to do specially when we're not at our parents' house and have to take care of a house ourselves but we all work fine together.

- Is there any parties today? I feel drinking something. – Emma said.

Of course, I forgot to tell, parties in college are always a thing. there's always a party, today is in my university tomorrow is in Kayla and it goes a long way, so basically we're always heading out and meeting knew people, it's fun.