Part 3 of 3: I'm Confused, Was This a Date?

Rantaro drove Ranjiro and Aiger back to the Akabne farm after their dinner, the sky already a deep shade of black.

"You want me to walk you to your door?" Ranjiro asked Aiger as the red head opened the car door.

"I mean-" Aiger jammed his hands in his pockets, "It is kinda dark,"

After he answered, Ranjiro hopped out of the passenger side, Aiger climbing out of his.

The two walked in silence before Ranjiro spoke.

"You had fun tonight?" He asked, regretting it after Aiger immediately looked down at his sneakers.

"Um . . yea, since you came," Aiger looked back up at him with his crystal blue eyes, Ranjiro glancing away to blush afterwards.

"It's what friends do for each other," He looked back down at his short friend, "No one should have to spend dinner alone, especially when they go to a fancy restaurant to have it,"

Aiger laughed, Ranjiro smiling at him.

"Last I checked that was a fast food place!"

Ranjiro shrugged, "Well, they can serve up some pretty mean French fries," He shoved Aiger playfully, "I even know someone who liked them so much he stole them from his friend,"

Aiger laughed again, "Couldn't have been me,"

Ranjiro raised an eyebrow, "You sure about that?"

Both were laughing as they finally got to Aigers porch, the two collapsing onto the steps.

Aiger looked up at the stars amidst the midnight sky, "Really, Ranjiro, thanks for coming,"

Ranjiro placed an arm around him, "Course man, what are friends for,"

Aiger hugged him back, "I know, I know, you always say that,"

Ranjiro stood, helping up Aiger, "Because it's the truth," Ranjiro hopped down the steps, waving goodbye to Aiger, "Night, Aiger!"

He walked off before abruptly stopping, doing a 360 to face Aiger again, "Aiger, wait!"

Aiger turned around in his doorway, "What's up, Ranjiro?"

"Was... was this a date?"

Aiger blushed unexpectedly, "I mean, if-if you want it to be, then I guess it's a date,"

Ranjiro blushed even more than Aiger.

The brunette once again turned back around to walk inside, "Uhm... Goodnight!"

"Wait! Aiger!"

Aiger turned again, "You keep this up, we'll be here all night,"

"It's just-" Ranjiro walked to where Aiger was standing, the brunette still staring at his taller friend, puzzled.

Ranjiro kissed him, under the light from the full moon. The two didn't pull away until they had to, leaving enough time for a long kiss. Both gazed at each other with dumbstruck eyes, surprised at themselves for actually kissing the other.

Ranjiro's hand found Aigers, the blonde holding his friends hand tightly, "Love you, Aiger,"

Aiger returned the gesture, "Love you too, Ranjiro,"