Chapter one

It wasn't his raspy voice or his shiny paint job or his silver nuts and bolts that caught my attention. No, It was his body. His gorgeous spherical shape took my breath away. He rolled past me, I imagined him rolling over me, flattening me like a road roller. I had to say something - I needed to grab his attention before the magical moment ended. Before that globe of a man rolled away forever. I checked my reflection in a glass pane next to me, took a deep breath and ran up to him.

"H...hi! Hello Mr...I couldn't-" he cut me off

"Lemme guess...you noticed my ugly ginormous circular body and gagged. I know I'm a hideous beast! No need to interrupt my rolling with your hurtful and evil words!" he turned to roll onward.

I had to let him know how I felt.

"Sir. Please listen to me, I think you're beautiful, you actually took my breath away." I tuck my hard robot hair behind my ear and give him a flirtatious look. He stops.

"Really?" he slowly rolls around

"Yes, round man." I say

He pulls a card out of his sphere hole.

"Here's my card...call me." he smiles, winks and rolls away into the distance.

That night, I toss and turn in my bed. Him. All I can think about is him. His curves...his brown orbular eyes...I smile just thinking about him. I turn on my light and grab out the card he gave me, my fingers slide up and down the edges. 'Bigweld - CEO of Bigweld Industries - see a need, fill a need' I turn it over and there it is, his number. I want to see him again. I need to see him again. It's midnight, but I can't wait till morning. I dial the number, my heart pounds. I grab my bed sheets to ground myself. "Hello?" his voice. I get tingles up my spine. I groan slightly. "Ew...who is this?"

"Its me..." I say quietly

"You...I knew you would call, I've been waiting by my dialer all night." he chuckles. I grabbed my sheets tightly, they were the only thing keeping me from ascending to heaven. He continues "i would've called you, but I didn't get your digits...or even catch your name."

"I-I...my name is y/n." I say shyly. I can hear him breathing, I savor every second.

"My...I must admit that is a beautiful name. I also must admit, I thought you were rather beautiful too.." he chuckles again. Is this real life? Bigweld thinks I'm...beautiful. I smile a big fat grin, my stomach gets filled with moths fluttering and flapping inside of me. He lets out a sigh.

"You...Think I'm beautiful?"

"You are gorgeous my darling.." he says seductively. I stop breathing, the world stands still. My knees are pulled up to my chest, my heart thumps.

"I know this is a big ask, and you don't really know me...but I feel we have a connection, so would you come to Bigweld industries...and i don't know, maybe we could get a drink and get to know each other a bit better..?" he asks nervously. I worry that he can hear my heart thumping through the phone.

"I would...Love to." I try to catch my breath.

"See you tomorrow darling. Toodly oodly" he giggles and hangs up.