Chapter Five: The Middle of the Dream

"Home." Sherlock gasped. He looked at her next to him, her hand unnaturally cool in his. Her smile was wide as her eyes drank in the room. He smiled despite himself.

"Can you believe it!" She giggled. "We're going to live here? Actually having a house of our own!"

"Technically, it's always been mine darling. My parents gave it to me even before I was born."

"Sherlock, don't ruin the moment!" She huffed, taking her fingers out of his as she looked out at the garden, her knuckles showing as she gripped the windowsill. Despite her growing appetite and gained weight she was still too thin. "I'm getting married to a man I love and living in a home that's going to be ours! I didn't expect this in a million years." He watched as she smiled at the clouds drifting by and frowned at the sudden sadness he felt. A vision passed before his eyes of a woman with a skeleton-like figure sobbing at the same windowsill, her fingers gripping the ledge for support. But when she turned around to smile at him, it was Daisy and the sadness washed away. He put his arms around her waist, her giggles making him smile. Soon she became quiet as he nestled his nose into her neck. "Sherlock?" Her whisper turned to a gasp when he placed his lips on her nape. "Sherlock!" She hissed. "We're not married yet!"

"So?" He mumbled against her ear, smiling at the sigh she gave, leaning into him. "No one will know." She gasped and wrestled out of his arms but was still sandwiched between him and the window. She turned around, her cheeks flushed and her pupils dilated. He smirked, reading the fear, the love, guilt and lust in them. She opened her mouth to speak but he cut her off with his own. He felt himself shudder at her moan. Her fingers threaded into his hair, making his knees shake. She leaned her neck back as he kissed her jaw, the feeling of her under his lips driving him mad.

"Sherlock?" She whimpered. He hummed against her collarbone to let her know she was listening. "Can't you wait just a week?" He looked up at her. "I mean, the wedding's in a few days. Can't you wait?" He smirked.

"Can you? The house is done up. The bed's ready and not a speck of dust in sight. The question is, can you wait?" She bit on her lip and put her cool hands on his neck before leaning in to kiss him again. Her breath was as shaky as her body, trembling with the excitement.

"N-no."

He stared into her (y/e/c) eyes as the scene around them changed. They now stood in the cottage garden, underneath the rose arch. Yet she still stood before him, her cheeks fuller and a veil covering her face. However, it didn't prevent him from seeing the bright smile and the tears in her eyes.

"I do." She choked out, slipping the ring onto his finger.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The chaplain said.

He lifted the veil and looked at his wife. The same touch of panic he had felt before settled in. Her smile faltered before it was replaced with a sad one. "Sherlock, you have to go. This isn't reality anymore." She whispered as their small audience continued to clap, Mycroft among them, clapping his hands lightly but a look of pure happiness on his face. They didn't seem to notice the couple were simply standing there, staring into each other's eyes. "You can still leave. Fight it!" She urged.

His palm touched her face. "Why would I ever want to fight it?" He mumbled before he leaned down to kiss her. He felt her tears trickle through his fingers. She laughed, her eyes ecstatic. He leaned in and kissed her again, his smile never leaving his face.

"Sherlock!" She gasped as he picked her up and pressed her against the wall. Their bedroom smelled of roses and the window was shut as rain pattered onto it. What little light that was left outside, shone through the lace curtains.