↳ rewind (d.p.)

"the dog who is so angry, he cannot move"
the poetry piece used is called "the angriest dog in the world" by david lynch, it was a comic strip from 1992
warnings: aggression
word count: 1535
author notes: tbh this is because i love unwind and thought the crossover fit too well with him (especially bc of cam)
_

unwind: to take apart a human being piece by piece and donate 99.7% of their organs to others in need

rewind: an entire new human being (sometimes with or without a soul) created completely from random unwound parts

the process of being rewound with foreign parts can be very confusing; it's like putting puzzle pieces together when they don't fit and telling them to work together. rewinds have to relearn everything from learning to walk to speak and do math. the process is faster because most of them are between the ages of 13-17 instead of infants. their mindsets are always teenaged because it's illegal to unwind someone older or younger.

it is NOT the same as having DID/dissociative identity disorder, and it is NOT mocking it in any way, rewinds function as a single person.

_

They thought that it would be good introduce him to the genderless rewind.

They are the first of their kind, but they were created without his consent, meaning that they belong to the government, and not him. He doesn't have a problem with this, besides the fact that they didn't let him know until it was done. He's in charge of everyone rewind created, no matter what.

After the abolishing of Unwinding, he and Jules are banished to the island without a second thought. The, no longer military-bound, rewinds are punished for a crime that they didn't commit by being forced on the island with the two of them. It infuriated him at first, but there's no other job for him in this world than to raise his own kind. Teach them wrong from right.

"Hey," he turns to see Jules in the doorway, leaning against it with her hands folded against her chest, "it's here."

Annoyance sparks from his chest and seeps into his veins, but he ignores it as best as he can.

"They." He corrects, giving her a warning glare. He will not tolerate her treating them like an object and not a person. He's been through enough of that, himself.

Walking down the wide hallways, he makes turn after turn, heading to the private guest room that he had set up for them. They're only a few months post-creation, so their speech and movements won't be as good as his rewind's.

"Dr. Petton says to let it sleep for now," she follows him, keeping up easily, "tired from the journey, I guess." He knows that Julie will never understand what it's like to be rewound, so he shouldn't be mad at her. But he's corrected her so many times on the pronouns she's using.

"They." He growls through clenched teeth and pushes the door open, looking around the room. They're sitting down on the bed, fidgeting with the bandages on their hands. When he walks in, they glance up at him without really paying attention. They're completely calm.

"Jesus.." Julie stares at them, eyes wide. They look similar to the way every other rewind had looked upon being rewound. Oblivious and almost childish. Trapped inside the body of a late teenager, they don't know how to control their emotions or actions.

He's slightly insulted by her comment, but he doesn't say anything. He's staring over at the lonely rewind sitting on the bed. They're covered in bandages on both arms and legs, their face is devoid of them, and their hair is surprisingly long for only being a few months post-rewinding.