ㅇChapter 1: Being a kidㅇ

It was the year of 2000. She was 8 and he was 10.
It was love at first sight for charlene.
She had no idea what love was all about then.

She had no idea why she felt that way looking at him from afar.
She was admiring him; his beautiful black, beady eyes, his broad smile and
his lovely curly hair.

She only knows him by his nickname "Long". But they were never friends.
She just knows he lives in the same town as her.

A town called Stars. There was a legend actually why it was named Stars.
It was said that hundreds and thousands of stars appeared one night when the moon was full.
The townspeople would hear the howling of the wolves. The air was cold.

Altogether, the stars shined so bright.
It was unlike all the night they've seen, and some falling stars
would be seen after.. After that night, it was never seen again,
and not one of them knew why.

She found herself smiling without any reason.
She just walked away because all she knew, she was just a kid then
with some crazy stuff on her mind. Little did she know, She was crushing on him.
It was love all along.

At 13, She was sent to another town to study. A town not so far away from her home.
Just a few minutes ride actually. It is a very crowded and joyous town, unlike her hometown;
so peaceful day and night.

She is now in her freshman year. She managed to adapt to her new school environment,
because the last school, she went to was a private one.

On her first day, She is in a hurry, walking so fast,
She is almost running when suddenly she bumped into her two
female schoolmates.

"Shoot! it's almost 7:30 am ! I'm almost la--"

"Oops! Sorry!" They said in chorus.

"Hi! Are you Vic's younger sister, Marah? You look so pretty!
We are his classmates by the way.. I'm Jenn and this is Nicole.
We heard so much about you."

"Ah, no.. no... My name is Charlene.." She smiled..

"You must've mistaken me for someone else." She added..

"Oh, sorry.. You just kinda look like him. Hehe.." Said Nicole..

"It's alright.. Oh I better get going, I'm late for my first class." said Charlene with a tensed
look on her face.

"Oh.. Okay.. See you around!" They said..

Charlene ran to her classroom only to find her Teacher in her table checking their attendance.
Her Teacher looked at her, and she was catching her breath. After, she uttered the words

"Good Morning Ma'am.." And went to her seat.

"Who's this Vic anyway? Do I look like him? And who's Marah? Do I look like h--"
She stopped talking when she heard her Teacher say,

"Marah Thompson?"

"Here ma'am!" Said Marah.

She turned around to look for that voice, to whom it was coming from.

She saw this beautiful girl with a long, silky-straight black hair, tanned skin. Slim. And her face is like a Doll's. She was wearing some simple, plain white tee, with some ripped jeans. She had no fancy jewelry on her or whatsoever. And some flat shoes.

"Wow, she really is beautiful." She thought.

"Why would they mistake me for a girl like her? She's so pretty. I'm nowhere near that." She said to herself smiling. After school hours, she would go straight to the Marketplace to ride a tricycle and head home. At first she was alone. But after how many months of adjusting and getting to know each other, she gained friends, a crush and an admirer.