𝗧𝗪𝗢

Kagome

Kagome... Kagome... Kago no naka no tori wa*

The black-haired demon walked by children who were playing the Kagome game. The chosen oni child stood in the middle as the rest of the children danced around them, chanting the song.

Itsu itsu deyaru, yoake no ban ni*

Red eyes looked up towards the evening sky as the once blue sky was bleeding into a crimson orange. 'Soon the real demons will be coming out to play,' thought (Y/N) as the children eagerly continued their game. The children were to engrossed in the game to think about the oncoming danger.

A small growl came from (Y/N)s stomach, she glanced around looking through the rush of people. Her eyes stayed on a wooden restaurant sign, and so the hungry demon went over to the restaurant, anticipating a good meal.

An old man stood at the restaurant attending to the other customers as (Y/N) popped herself onto a wooden seat. (Y/N) used her finger to scan the menu before stopping at her desired food item. "Can I get some beef udon?" Asked (Y/N) as she gave her order to the chef who then went to make the order.

Five minutes later and the chef returned over to (Y/N) with a pipping hot bowl of beef udon. "Here you go," said the chef as he placed the bowl inform of (Y/N) who gave a grateful nod. The black-haired girl picked up a pair of chopsticks and started eating the beef udon, paying attention to the other customers conversations.

Tsuru to kame ga subetta.

"You should get to your home before the sun sets," warned the chef as he referred to the sunset. "It's not safe for a young girl to be out at dark all by herself, especially now with the increase in murders." (Y/N) finished the udon before replying to the man. "Thank you for the warning." (Y/N) paid for the meal before leaving the restaurant.

How long had it been since (Y/N) had found herself in this strange yet fascinating world? One day or was it a week? The crimson eyed demon needed to find a better way to track the time flow. A scream brought (Y/N) out of her thoughts and there is was again. The scent of blood. Did the demons of this world not know restraint?

A newly turned demon was on top of a younger boy, laying in a pile of broken glass. The white-haired boy used a knife to hold off the demon. (Y/N) sensed another demon, watching the scene with great glee. She guessed that they were likely the one that turned the woman into a demon.

Ushiro no shoumen dare?

"Do you want to experience what dying is like?" Questioned (Y/N), staring into the very soul of the other demon. "TRANSFUSION MERCY." The black-haired girl didn't give anytime for the demon to attack her. (Y/N)s attention went back to the boy that was surprisingly still alive.

Pale purple eyes connected to red eyes before snapping away as a small black haired child came running between the white-haired boy and the demon. Small hands wrapped around the woman's body as the black-haired boy cried. "Why did you kill mom?" The boy further cried as he held the woman tighter. "Murder! Murder! Murder!"

'To protect someone you love and to then be rejected by them... it must be emotionally draining. Is this what you felt Kikyo? Utter despair?' Thought (Y/N) as her legs followed the white-haired boy to a pond.

"What the hell do you want?!" Screamed the white-haired boy once he noticed (Y/N)s presence. "That is a question that I can not answer," replied (Y/N) as she glanced at the bloody water. "You look like a demon yet you're not trying to eat me? What kind of abomination are you!?"

"Worse than any normal demon," hummed (Y/N) as a knife was thrown at her. She caught it before it could cut her face. "You need to do better than that if you want to kill me." (Y/N) stepped closer to him. "After all I am a monster."

Sunrise provided Sanemi with a better look of (Y/N), he was surprised that she wasn't turning into dust. "You should get your injuries treated otherwise you're going to bleed to death. Then you won't get to kill the demons."

"Why should I trust a demon!" Exclaimed Sanemi as he glared at the unaffected (Y/N). "I would think that you were stupid if you did. What is your name?" It was only then that she realised that she didn't know the boys name. "I am (Y/N)."

"Shinazugawa Sanemi."

"Then its a promise. Once you become a demon slayer come find me, Sanemi." (Y/N) turned to leave the stunned boy. "Don't think I'll let you escape again, (Y/N)!"

 "Don't think I'll let you escape again, (Y/N)!"

ᴊᴀᴘᴀɴᴇs ᴡᴏʀᴅs

Kagome kagome / Kago no naka no tori wa

Itsu itsu deyaru / Yoake no ban ni

Tsuru to kame ga subetta.

Ushiro no shoumen dare

-
Kagome kagome / The bird in the basket/cage,

When, oh when will it come out

In the night of dawn

The crane and turtle slipped

Who is behind you now?