A Promise

- Jessica's POV -

Pain.

That was the only thing that I could feel right now. That horrible, disgusting thing called pain.

But it wasn't the first time that this ever happened.

Whether it was verbally, mentally or physically, he's hurt me in many ways. I've been punched, kicked and beaten up almost everyday. He's done every possible way of hurting me, yet I never left him.

Kris wasn't always the violent kind. There was a time where he was gentle, kind, and loving. We've loved each other for as long as I can remember.

Until things got out of hand.

As time passed by, he started becoming weirder and weirder by day. It got into the point that he wasn't the Kris I used to know.

I didn't know him anymore.

He's done every kind of torture possible to me, but I refuse to leave his side.

All because of a promise, a promise that I refuse to break no matter what.

Tears fell through my eyes as I recieved every punch he gave me. His left hand pulled my hair as his right hand punched me in the face. My right hand moved trying to slap him, hitting him on his cheek. His face changed to an annoyed expression and he pushed me towards the wall, followed by another punch.

"Now my love, tell me what did you do wrong?" He asked me, grabbing my shoulders so that I couldn't escape.

"I. DON'T. KNOW! Now let me go!" I shouted, making him mad as he threw more punches to me.

I managed to dodge a punch while I stepped on his foot. He was in pain. Now was my chance.

I ran to the bathroom and quickly locked the door. I sat on the floor while tears flow continuously down to my cheeks. A few seconds later, I heard loud thuds coming from the door. I knew it was him.

"Yah Sica, you know that I'm only doing this cause I love you, right? Now open this door while I'm asking nicely." he shouted. I was too scared to open the door, I was too scared to even say anything.

A few minutes later, my whole body froze, and then it all came back to me.

All the promises we made.

"Someday, we'll be living in a big house."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah... I can imagine it right now. I'm there, back from work, exhausted, entering our house. As I step inside, three hugs welcome me. One from you, my loving wife, and two from our two kids. Our two children invite me to play with them, and I gladly accept. I can imagine the stress from work going away as I play with our children. I can imagine all of us being happy... I can imagine us loving one another."

"Hahaha... sounds pretty nice to me."

"Yah Sica, when we get older, will you stay with me?"

"Of course."

"When bad things happen, will you still love me?"

"I'll still love you like I always did."

"No matter what happens, can you promise me that you'll always be by my side?"

"I'm not that pretty, I'm not that smart, and I'm not that strong. But I'll be with you for better or for worse, that's something I can promise you."

"I'll always love you, you ice princess."

"Hahaha... I'll always love you too."

I remember all those times.. those times when we really loved each other...

... But then I woke up to reality.

I heard a loud bang. The bathroom door collapsed, and behind the door was a Kris that looked like he was ready to kill someone.

His eyes were red and filled with fury and you could feel the rage in it. In his right hand was a knife.

Once again he pulled my hair and dragged me to the wall. "Now, can you tell me what you did wrong?" He asked. He took the knife and pointed the sharp edge at my throat. I could sense his anger within his words.

"I don't know, I really don't know." I said with my eyes continuously flowing with tears. I was terrified, I didn't know what to do.

"ANSWER ME NICELY. WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG?" He shouted once again. This time, he held the knife nearer and nearer until one move could get me dead.

"I. DON'T. KNOW!" I shouted. I picked up a gun that I realized was beside me. I closed my eyes and shot Kris.

I opened my eyes and realized what had happened. Kris was on the floor, with blood continuously flowing from his abdomen. I wanted to aim for his foot so that I could escape, but I guess I ended up shooting his stomach.

It was over, Kris was finally gone.

Wait... Kris was gone. And so was the one that I loved so much, the one I endured all the pain for... He was gone. I felt more tears coming from my eyes. I hugged the lifeless body while I sobbed in his arms... His now loving arms.

It's been 5 years since that day. I was finally free.

... or so I thought.

-----

"Ms. Jung?" The doctor knocked on the door of Jessica's room. "How's it going so far?" he asked the pale-looking patient.

"I-I-I can still see him... He keeps threatening me, he says someday I'll be joining him in hell."

"Calm down, Ms. Jung. It's all a hallucination. Remember that it's all because of your Schizoprenia."

"Right... All a hallucination..."

"Dr. Lee..."

"Yes?"

"I can see him by my side right now... He wants to be with me. He's asking me to join him."

The doctor held Jessica's hand and repeated the following words. "Don't listen to him Sica, be strong."

The doctor released his hand and left the room. Then Sica said to herself...

"But what if I can't?"

-----

An hour later, Sica was found dead. The poor girl commited suicide and left a note.

"I want to see him again... I wanna be with my Kris."

- THE END -

-----

Once again, I'm so sorry for this TT.TT